x

Is there a report to see if gift card sales were in cash or credit card?

is that possiblely for you guy can be able to show how much to sale gift card in cash or credit card?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great question, @jennythaimassag

While the Gift Card sales report in the Dashboard doesn't show the payment method, you can view this information if you download your transaction history spreadsheet. 

To do so, head to the Transactions tab, select your desired date range, and click Export in the top right corner. 

In the spreadsheet, you'll find a column for "Gift Card Sales" and you'll be able to see how each was paid for to the right. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can clarify anything.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Best Answer

Great question, @jennythaimassag

While the Gift Card sales report in the Dashboard doesn't show the payment method, you can view this information if you download your transaction history spreadsheet. 

To do so, head to the Transactions tab, select your desired date range, and click Export in the top right corner. 

In the spreadsheet, you'll find a column for "Gift Card Sales" and you'll be able to see how each was paid for to the right. 

Hope that helps! Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Message 2 of 7

I would like to know when I redeem gift card , is that show , this card sell by cash or credit card and which employee who sale this card?

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@jennythaimassag Your Gift Card sales will appear as a Gift Card transaction and also indicate the last 4 digits of the Gift Card used in your Transaction Report. 

Message 4 of 7

yes but how could i know this phycical card sale by cash or cardit card and how can i track which emplyee sell this gift card?

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller

If you are just looking for the information about a gift card when you have one presented to you, you can go to the screen on your POS where you can check card balance, swipe the card (or key it in manually), and then below the balance display, it shows all recent activity on that gift card.  You can click any one of those activity lines to jump to the receipt for that gift card.  That receipt will tell you who rung this person up as well as how the gift card was paid for.

Hope that helps.

~Cheryl!
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!

Cheryl! Tisland
Burst Of Butterflies Create & Paint Studio

BurstOfButterflies.com
Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hello @PaulsParty,

To locate any receipt related to any transactions made (including sales for giftcards), do the following:

From your Square Dashboard, go to Transactions> select date range> and all sales listed will be here.

I'm going to move your question to a similar thread, take a look at @Spenser's answer for more details and workarounds.

Hope this helps! 

Frida
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 7