x

How include Customer Email in Transactions Export?

I'm brand new to Square.  When I export Sales/Transactions, the Customer Name is included but the Customer Email is not.  Where is a Transaction export that includes the Customer Email, OR how do I create one?  Many thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

To get the customer email you have to create a customer in your customer directory at checkout  (here's an Article about Customer Directory). If they enter their email address for a digital receipt that will not be included in exports.

The report at Sales > Transactions > Dashboard > Export > Transaction.csv doesn't include customer email address but it does include Customer ID.  You can use that to cross-reference with the file exported from Customer Dashboard > Export > Export Customers and see if you have an Email address.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

To get the customer email you have to create a customer in your customer directory at checkout  (here's an Article about Customer Directory). If they enter their email address for a digital receipt that will not be included in exports.

The report at Sales > Transactions > Dashboard > Export > Transaction.csv doesn't include customer email address but it does include Customer ID.  You can use that to cross-reference with the file exported from Customer Dashboard > Export > Export Customers and see if you have an Email address.

Message 2 of 6

Thanks for the helpful reply, VanKalkerFarms.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

How do I get the customers email to be included in the items sales report detail. It give EVERYTHING else but the email. I then have to look up the email and add to my report  Kind of time consuming

Message 4 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@madisonmud Thanks for reaching out! There is no update toward exporting seller emails from this thread. I will keep passing the feedback forward, but for now, please reference the comments in this thread for workarounds and other solutions offered. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 6

Please continue to pass forward - we are a non profit and need the email addresses for Tax donation receipts at the end of the year - when people donate they do NOT have time and we usually have a long line and people need to get back to work - this email address should be a given ... even more so than their name so we can communicate with them with receipts etc.

Message 6 of 6