x

How can i hide "reports" from employees using the point of sale app?

How can i hide "reports" from employees using my point of sale app?

Message 1 of 13
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

If you are using Team Management, go to Team / Permissions / Click on the permission set you want.  Scroll down until you see "View Reports" and Uncheck it.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

If you are using Team Management, go to Team / Permissions / Click on the permission set you want.  Scroll down until you see "View Reports" and Uncheck it.

Message 2 of 13

Okay thank you. Im not using it yet but will be shortly.

Message 3 of 13
Beta Member

So, I do not have view reports checked, but my employees are still able to see all my sales info.  This is infuriating and it's the second time it's happened.

Message 4 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TwistedRail,

Sorry to hear you're still having trouble with this setting! Have you turned on passcodes on the point of sale you're seeing this issue at? To check, open the Square app and tap More > Settings > Security > ensure that Passcodes are turned on. Please let us know how you go!

Message 5 of 13
Beta Member

How do I keep my employees from seeing all my report numbers? I have assigned permissions etc... but now sure how to turn them on so they do not nose around all my sales information.  How to I set it up so they have to sign in.  I own the POS for retail but am still using the old POS site b/c that is what my employees know right now.  Can anyone help me?

Message 6 of 13

Hi @jacdzg2!

I moved your post to an existing thread in our Community about hiding reports from your employees/setting up Team Management.

You can learn more about Getting Started With Team Management here. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 13

Can I limit what my employees can see in square?

Message 8 of 13

Hi there @Patrick021 -

I have moved your post to a board about this topic. Please check out the Best Answer by @RHatch on how to set up your Team Permissions.

Also, here is an article for more information on Team Permissions.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 13

I am looking for a way to restrict access to all of my sales data while also allowing them to see their tips.  I have a coffee shop and I allow my employees to cash out their card tips daily, so they need to be able to view their tips for the day. However I do not like them being able to see all of the sales data for the business. I Have not been able to find a way to do this. Has anyone encountered this? Thanks!

Message 10 of 13

Message 11 of 13

I have the same problem. I have tried to find an answer with no luck.  I came in yesterday and found the girl going through the totals for the day before.  Not sure how to suppress that on a shared POS.  In addition, one of them hit the transfer now button and sent the funds to my bank at a faster higher rate.

I want to suppress them seeing the totals on the shared POS and not allow a shared POS to determine how the funds are sent to me, i.e., fast transfer, etc.  Any ideas?

Message 12 of 13
Super Seller

@Bodacious ;

The answer below that Goldeneye gave in message 11 of 13 on here should have pointed you in the right direction where you could have had this issue fixed yesterday.  I also responded to your other post asking this same question which is similar to Goldeneye's answer from 11-2021.  Either way these answers if followed should be able to keep employees out of your finances and other sensitive information.  Even the Best answer for this feed says to use Team Permissions.  

Goldeneye gave you links to the articles and I gave you a link too which ended up being the same one Goldeneye gave you below to assist you in setting these features up on your account.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 13 of 13