x

Square Loans Reconsideration

I was offered a 4th square loan.  In order to be approved for the loan they needed some additional paper work.  They gave me 11 days to come up with what I needed.  When there were 4 days left, I got a reminder about uploading the appropriate paper work and that I had 4 days left to do it.  I finally got it the paper work the next day, I went to go and upload it, and the offer was gone.  There is no way to reapply, or for them to give it back.  I have tried and tried to get them to reconsider, and they just wont.  I dont want to have to do one of those loans funding options, they are way more expensive and are not as easy to pay back as the square loans.  I wish they would just let you re apply.  

Message 1 of 77
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @azasu27

I took a look at your account and I can see a member of the Loans team sent an email on 1/3/18 with additional information. Please know that we do regularly review each account and if your business is eligible, we will notify you on the Dashboard. 

For more information about becoming eligible for another loan, click here

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 77
76 REPLIES 76

On the other hand, I love square, i love the simplicity,  And if you don't do a loan then more of our own payments go in your pocket, so I guess we all have a choice

Message 22 of 77

Well at least you're getting approved I've been with square since 2010 and I've had multiple Loan offers and pay them off quite quickly last year I got it offer in March I paid it off at the beginning of August and they sent me an offer and then told me that I wasn't eligible no worry we review your account all the time so I think it's cool well it's been a year since I've got a square loan and I'm not even remotely hoping for it to ever come back through however they did approve me for $10,000 instant deposit so I guess I'm processing enough for that but not enough to get a loan go figure. Do yourself a favor don't rely on Square

Message 23 of 77

Very sad, I'm so sorry...Yes I think something's up with them and I'm very disappointed myself as well...I heard PayPal with do loans after just two months processing also...maybe give them a try

Message 24 of 77

I feel like they control small business this way either that or square has loaned out more than they need to and they are having issues as well

Message 25 of 77

I think you raised an important question. Perhaps Square is having its own money problems? 

Message 26 of 77

They're a business as we are... I do know that I am totally burnt out on that automated email I've been working with square for 6 years and I pay my loans off in about 8 months and it's very annoying not knowing when you can ask for additional funds and if you do ask you definitely don't get the proper response... It's only an automated email

Message 27 of 77

Does anyone know how often accounts are reviewed for Square loans? Just curious. 

Message 28 of 77

No one knows. I had 3 loans in the past and it's been 2 years since I got another one. The 4th loan was denied because [Personal Information Redacted]. Yes I can understand how many of you guys feel about Square Loans not being transparent with their program. We all wish it was something as easy as pressing a button to request. PayPal seems to be good option too but I've read into it that once you're denied for loan, you will never get a reason why and cannot ever receive anymore loans. So I guess in a way both company hidden eligibility scan is the same. I would like to think that my business process alot to be in their top 10% user usage. Good luck to all is waiting! Extra Loans is sure useful.

Message 29 of 77

Good luck to you hopefully we all get a chance to do what we love

Message 30 of 77

I did get a new offer in February and accepted. My business is growing faster then I can keep up. I could pick up more liquidation contracts if I could get enough loan. I have already paid over 1/2 of this loan back. If I could get a large offer I could almost immediately double my revenue. 

Still staying strong and pushing forward

Message 31 of 77

Good luck to you

Message 32 of 77

@ angelamcdannold did you even get another offer? I still owe 76% but have paid that back within 3 months and was hoping for reconsideration becase I have a chance at buying my own product for less than half what I normally pay. Is this wishful thinking because I still owe too much? I've heard some people get offers when they still owe 70%.  Should I send an email asking for reconsideration? I'm thinking that will at least get them to look at my account. 

Message 33 of 77

Keep Processing, you can send an email, but doubt it does any good, but hey its free, send it, im completely paid for last few months, no offers, have had 5 previous, never got to 100% but have been for months, business is UP to, so its a gift and curse, although a offer now would push me in to the stratosphere, not paying that 13% is good too, so it's pretty much how you look at things. Good Luck to you. When i get offer, I'll post it.

Message 34 of 77

Good luck to you as well....small business is the backbone of this country....soon people will remember that....and, all we can do is go UP!!!

Message 35 of 77

Don't bother sending an email to the Loans Team. Here's the response I got when I asked for specifics:

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 36 of 77

yes, sadly that is their generic responce....hoping its changed soon...as a small business, I know for myself, I have different needs at different times, to be able to request additional funds so we can grow is huge for us...they will one day understand that. I hope...

Message 37 of 77

@Angelamcdannold of course their generic email response makes no sense.  Even if they wanted to protect their business model they could say things like:

--we don't think your sales are strong

--you have too few customers 

--we don't like your name

--we just made a loan to your #1 competitor down the street

LOL 

Message 38 of 77

Whats even crazier, is they use Propriertary.....

pro·pri·e·tar·y
p(r)əˈprīəˌterē/
adjective

1. 1. 
    relating to an owner or ownership.
    "the company has a proprietary right to the property"

But we are the owners asking lol. Gotta love it. Good Luck.
Message 39 of 77

Yes....wishing it will all improve..I've been in business 25 years, they are the easiest to use for merchant service in my opinion....but the loan issue, I should be going up in amounts, not down..after 2 loans paid off every year for at least 5 years with them....I feel like they wont let me grow as a business, but hanging in there...good luck to you

Message 40 of 77

Come on @Square Loans Team; Sheesh!

Message 41 of 77

Who is this please? Actually have a chance to take on a following of 25000 people that want prescription medications and have a whole huge new platform with Bluetooth scales for sale and I'm scared to even attack it the offers that I'm getting because I don't have the backing that I need right now so it is kind of sad knowing that I got half as much this year as I did last year and I work just as hard and bring in just as much... I will continue to use Square because it's convenient for me, but I am definitely a little tiny bit disappointed because it's, not as helpful as before when we need it so much to be able to grow at this time with the economy like it is and and so much growth available for small business right now

Message 42 of 77