x

Invoice and Customer Directory Reporting: Is this possible in Square?

I need to create a report with the following information:  A report that shows all customers invoiced in a month along with the cooresponding payment that was received. I can run a report for any or all months in a given year.  

I can't find where to do this for the entire batch of customers, I know I can do this for each single customer at a time but that is a bit time consuming. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is this possible in Square?

Hello @jonathanderek, I just wanted to let you know you can now export a CSV report of your invoices! This report includes the customer's name, the amount requested, the amount paid, and the invoice status!

Take a look at this Product Update post for more details: Square Invoices - New Outstanding Invoices Report and Export to CSV.  

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Helen

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @jonathanderek,

Thanks for bringing this up. I see what you mean—it's a bit cumbersome to piece this information together directly in the Invoices tab. I'll be sure to note this with the proper team members.

For now, I would suggest downloading the Transactions CSV from the Transactions tab. From there, you can sort by date and source of the payment, and the customer who completed the payment will display in the Customer Name column. You can cross-reference this information with with any outstanding invoices for the month from the Invoices tab.

I realize this involves a few more steps with having to use Numbers or Excel, but I hope it helps get you where you need to be. Please let me know if any concerns remain or if there are any specific details that you'd like us to know for why this is important for your business.

Thanks for your patience as we make improvements over time!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @jonathanderek,

Thanks for bringing this up. I see what you mean—it's a bit cumbersome to piece this information together directly in the Invoices tab. I'll be sure to note this with the proper team members.

For now, I would suggest downloading the Transactions CSV from the Transactions tab. From there, you can sort by date and source of the payment, and the customer who completed the payment will display in the Customer Name column. You can cross-reference this information with with any outstanding invoices for the month from the Invoices tab.

I realize this involves a few more steps with having to use Numbers or Excel, but I hope it helps get you where you need to be. Please let me know if any concerns remain or if there are any specific details that you'd like us to know for why this is important for your business.

Thanks for your patience as we make improvements over time!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 4
Admin

Hello @jonathanderek, I just wanted to let you know you can now export a CSV report of your invoices! This report includes the customer's name, the amount requested, the amount paid, and the invoice status!

Take a look at this Product Update post for more details: Square Invoices - New Outstanding Invoices Report and Export to CSV.  

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Helen

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 4

Awesome!!! I will take a look at it. Thank you for the response 

Message 4 of 4