x

Loyalty: How to unlink a credit card from a phone number

I have been trying to get help from square@help-messaging.quareup.com since last week. Multiple emails with them but still no solution. 

I know there is one way to unlink phone number with credit card by sending the phone number with a text message after the loyalty star (loyalty point) is rewarded. 

But my problem is that customer changed their number and no longer have the access to the old phone number, therefore, they can't receive the text message to unlink their credit card.

I'm wondering if there is anyway, I can unlink or edit a credit card from a phone number on my end. 

As a user and an investor in Square. I wish they have a call-in customer service.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @Will08! So sorry for the frustration this is causing you and your customers.

You can change your customer's linked phone number from your online Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in and navigate to the Customers section of your Dashboard.
  2. Search and click on the name of the customer in question.
  3. Scroll down and below the Loyalty section of their profile, click the three-dotted icon > click Update Phone Number.
  4. Click Save to save your changes.

If you have any questions about this let me know here or call our CS team. Phone support is available between 6am and 6pm PT, Monday through Friday! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2