x

Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Admin

Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta

Hey everyone!

I’m excited to announce that we’ve rolled out a beta for accepting partial payments with Square Invoices!

This new feature will allow you to create a single invoice and track multiple payments on that invoice. This may also be useful for those of you who want to accept a deposit and collect the rest of the amount due later.

We know this is a feature many of you have been waiting for, so I hope you’ll help us test it out!

To join the beta click 'Reply' immediately below this post, leave a comment to let me know you’re interested, and I’ll enable it for your account.

By using partial payments and providing us feedback, you will directly influence and improve the Square Invoices product. So please share your reactions and input.

Cheers,

Howard, Square Beta Team

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Test Partial Payments in the Invoices Request Deposit Beta - Status changed to: Implemented

Great news! This feature is now live and will be rolled out to everyone in the next week! Instructions for how to request deposits in this post.

1,247 Comments

Hello! I'm definitely interested in this feature!

I'd like to be set up for beta.

One feature that you can do with a regular invoice that you cannot do with the beta-version is the ability to "charge now." We would like to be able to have our customers pay a deposit up-front, and then collect the rest of the payment in person when provide the service later on that day. The beta-version is almost exactly what we want, but also need that ability to charge the client in person.  

Attached is an unreleated picture of a cat meme with hopes that it will draw you attention to my post. fcea9a5369ebbdca95dca1c0aa1e1a51.jpg

Hello, I would like to have the Partial Payment Option to be added to my buisness invoices. How do I go about adding this option?

Very interested in this feature.  A bit surprised it wasn't permanently added for all merchants yet given it started 3 month ago.

Add me please. 

Can I please be added in the beta group for deposit payments. 

Please enable partial payments for my account. Thanks!

We are interested in trying the "Partial Payments" (Beta).  😄

Greetings! 

While I have been using and testing the app a lot this past week in our bakery, I feel it might not meet our needs.  I will add the struggles we have that could probably helps us serve our customers rapidly and better.
   Here is a list of things that I cannot work with square (keep in mind, I own a bakery so we take orders for future dates, sometimes partially paid or fully paid or not at all):

Create invoices:

- Email - I need to choose whether I need the email or not (most don’t)
 - Add deposit (great! it’s there)
        -> I don’t have an option to take payment, and print receipt using the “receipt small printer”. It will print if the customer fully pays for the order,                      that’s great!
 - Add Due date -  There is no due date on the receipt, to have a date of "pick up"(or due date) in all orders it's so that I have enough products to cover                orders and daily sales.
 -  I also need to keep the due date on it, even if it’s paid completely, I don't have that in the receipts that do print.  I know I have enough products to 
             cover orders and daily sales.
 -  "Add Note" - a box where I can add additional comments, the way the square register gives it to you when you create invoices and attachments.  It's                  not in the app.
Inventory:
- Can an employee update the inventory’s stock and not have so much control? So they can only update, add, loss or damage.

*How can I track the changes to the inventory?

I think this is all I have thus far! I truly appreciate the Invoice Team’s effort to assist our request, questions and concerns.

Nitin Bakery