x

Square for Retail: Adding a store credit to a customer

Square for Retail: Adding a store credit to a customer

Has there been an update to the Square retail app or gonna be in the future to add a store credit to a customers profile on it? It would so be helpful.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How to give customer store credit/voucher

Trying to give a customer a complementary $25 for hardships.  I have the Advanced Accounting so I can use gift cards.  I would like to use a 100% discount promo code to pay for this gift card but the only option is Paypal or Stripe.  How can I give a customer store credit??

206 Comments

Add us to the list of folks who need a store credit feature. Right now we are having to track this in an excel file. Is this feature even on the roadmap to add into square? Has it been reviewed by the development team at all? Or has it been moved to the "not accepted" pile?

Square Community Moderator

Hi @Sctn4elk

Still nothing new to report on this, with Gift Cards being the best workaround being used currently be sellers. 

Your example of using an Excel spreadsheet is great feedback for them to understand your current struggle and how this would help you specifically, so thank you for sharing!

While I can't discuss any road maps or ETA on availability, our Retail team is actively tracking this and hopefully we can advocate for this to be prioritized.

I would like to be able to issue and track store credit purchases and balances within the software. Help!

Super Seller

this can be done with gift cards.  there isn't a way to attach a dollar amount just to a customer without using a gift card,

Please do! I need this. It just makes sense. 

Super Seller Alumni

An eGift Card could also be a great way to do it, since you can now sell/give one through the POS, you can still do the 100% off Discount, they don't cost anything at all, and can be delivered via email!

eGift Cards from the website can also be super easily linked to an email or Phone number and be redeemed under the Card on File to make things super easy!

The POS eGift Cards take an extra step to be attached as Cards on File, but still works!
See @Helen's Post below to see the steps for that!
Hopefully the same Online eGift Card Attachment Process will come soon to the POS eGift Cards too!

Admin

Hello! Quick update @pessosices - you can save an eGift Card as a Card on File. 🎉

From a customer's profile in the app tap Add Payment Card > enter the 16-digit gift card number (in place of the credit long card number) > enter the customer's name and tap Next to enter the customer's email address. You'll then be able to charge that eGift Card when you add that customer to a sale.

Let me know if you have any questions about this or trouble adding an eGift Card as the card on file! 

Super Seller Alumni

Thanks! Awesome, good to know! I'll update my post a bit

If a customer overpays his rent invoice for last month, how can I include a credit amount in this month's invoice?

Trying to give a customer a complementary $25 for hardships.  I have the Advanced Accounting so I can use gift cards.  I would like to use a 100% discount promo code to pay for this gift card but the only option is Paypal or Stripe.  How can I give a customer store credit??