x
Beta Member

Retail POS - Require Receipt Screen only works half the time

I am using the Retail POS app, and have my device setup with the option to "Always show receipt screen." This works about half of the time. Even if someone has their email or phone number stored in Square from a purchase at a different retailer, about half of the time I still see the receipt screen (in this case, their email or phone number is pre-filled on the screen which is helpful). From there I have the option to send the receipt electronically or print a receipt or gift receipt.

The other half of the time this receipt screen is skipped altogether and I get the "All Done" page with the option to print a gift receipt. Which means for these cases I have to go into my activity, select the transaction, issue a new receipt, and then print the receipt from that screen. I have noticed too for this scenario, it's not always when people have pre-populated email addresses or phone numbers in Square. 

Do you know why the receipt screen is getting skipped?

Thanks!

Mike

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hey @mike109, so if the customer has an email address already entered it should skip to all done. If they have only a phone number entered it will display the receipt option screen. 

Currently only email receipts are automatic. 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

If your customer requested email or text receipts previuosly, the screen you are looking for is not shown, it goes right to the "All Done" screen. 

Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks @Ron. The thing I can't figure out is that sometimes it does go to the receipt screen even if the customer has their email or phone number filled out in Square. Just not all the time.

Message 3 of 7

Best Answer

Hey @mike109, so if the customer has an email address already entered it should skip to all done. If they have only a phone number entered it will display the receipt option screen. 

Currently only email receipts are automatic. 

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Hi @Chad. I am still having this issue, and I'm noticing it's not tied to accounts that have an email or phone number on file. The last transaction we processed skipped the receipt screen, and when I went to the transaction history to manually print the receipt, there is no email or phone number on file for the receipt/transaction. If it helps, it's receipt #f0Vf on our account.

Message 5 of 7

Hey @mike109, it sounds like you had a customer that already had their email address tied to their card. That explains why it would skip the receipts screen. The receipt will not display the email address or phone number to you. If you read the receipt agreement (found on the page where the customer enters their email), you will see that we only use their email address for sending receipts or marketing promos. 

Message 6 of 7

No Rhyme or reason...sometimes it goes to the screen to select receipt....sometimes it does not.

Can even happen with the same customer.

We need it to go to that screen everytime and let the customer decide!

VERY QUIRKY

Message 7 of 7