x

Payment by check - drawer is not opening?

Hello all,

Recently, i noticed that the drawer is not opening when I choose other > check as payment. 

Is this new? Why is this happening?

Or is it only me?

Thanks!

Keep being STELLAR!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Hey there @Stellar119 - 

We can definitely help you troubleshoot this - I just need a little more information to look into this.

Are you using the Square Stand? Also, does the drawer open for cash transactions?

Please let me know and I can help!

Message 2 of 6

Hi @Russell

Yes, I'm using the square stand, I check for updates every morning before I start, and the drawer does open for cash transactions.

I also noticed that the drawer does NOT open when choosing a different selection under "other" tender.

Please let me know what you figure out.

Thanks!

🙂

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Same for us... Any other payment option other than Cash does not open the drawer. We have to keep the key in the cash box during the day so that we can manually open the drawer on those occasions. 

Message 4 of 6
Alumni

Thanks for flagging this also @LocavoreStore

I tested check transactions here in the office and the drawer popped open just fine every time (both yesterday and today).

@Stellar732, I know you've stated that you check for updates super regularly, so I am very curious what could be going on here. I have a feeling that working through these troubleshooting steps should get your cash drawer back to normal.

• Double check that both your iPad iOS and Square Point of Sale app are up-to-date.
  • Sign out of the Point of Sale app and sign back in.  
  • Force quit the app on your device and re-open.
  • Turn your iPad off and then back on.
  • Finally if the above steps are not working, delete and reinstall the app. 

Please try it out and let me know! 

Message 5 of 6

HI @Russell,

I'm hesitant to delete and re-install the app because I lose all drawer history. 

But I'll take care of this now and see how things go on Monday. I'll check back with you then. 

Thanks!

Stellar732

Message 6 of 6