x

Reader wont connect

Followed the steps to connect a reader. It flashes 4 orange for awhile then goes all 4 red. Does not connect. It had been working til a few weeks ago. I am updated. I have turned everything  ( phone, app, Bluetooth) on and off several times. I have deleted and reinstalled the app. I have reset the reader. I am on a galaxy j3 6

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @RedSkyGallery - thanks for letting us know about this.

Would you mind trying these troubleshooting steps? They should be able to get you back in business.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I have to same exact issue.

Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

Hi there, @RedSkyGallery - thanks for letting us know about this.

Would you mind trying these troubleshooting steps? They should be able to get you back in business.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Message 3 of 5

we've done same. it all of a sudden stopped working. tried moving it and connecting to other Stand. doesn't even give any lights when trying to connect. we know the Stands are working and the other reader is working as we could connect it again. rebooted everything. updated, etc. it's dead? tried charging it on a different accessory holder, too. nothing. can it be replaced?

Message 4 of 5

Sorry to hear about your Square reader @BIE. If the reader you are referring to is a Square Reader for contactless and chip, these readers come with a one-year warranty. Square will replace defective readers within the year of purchase. Feel free to call us to walk you through additional troubleshooting steps or look into your warranty. 

We'd love to continue helping in any way we can. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Have a good day! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 5