x

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Just got and android device, wondering if square appointment app is compatible with it? Not seeing app I'm store.

Thank you in advance.

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Is the Square Appointment app available on android devices?

Hi everyone - I have some exciting news to share. We are now recruiting sellers for an early access Android app

Read more at Devon's post linked above.

159 Comments

Problem is it doesn't look like the calendar just the text. I don't understand how it can take years to develop an android app. 

Alumni

Hey @Bryantsmac 👋

Thanks for making your first post to the community. We know that this is something sellers are looking for!

Admin

Hey @CharlJ, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Sorry to hear about the trouble that this is causing for your business. 

Alumni

@LesGroom @hairbygigirenee @Celso @CharlJ - thank you for adding your thoughts to this thread. We will update here when we have more details. Thanks for your patience, and for using Square. 

Right now I'm doing the trial for appointments and not having an app is the only reason why I probably won't active a subscription. My husband will not want to book appointments having to constanly log on to the website. Thanks for the feedback guys!

but I did this and still cant even check my clients out, and cancelation policy doesnt work with this.

I was able to download and use the Square reader and take payments from my Galaxy s7, but I cant find the appointment app anywhere! Does anyone else have this issue?

Alumni

Hey there @drakeja 👋

We don't yet have a Square Appointments app available for Android. I'll definitely add your name to the list of sellers looking for this app! 

There's another thread about when will such an app be available. But this is really the underlying question, since the other thread has been going on for over a year without any action from Square. Just the same old promise every time to send it to the 'team' for consideration.

So why should Android users be confident that Square will support them? Seems like we're being left out to dry.

Alumni

Hey there!

I'm a Product Manager on the Appointments team here at Square, and I want to thank you all so much for raising this question and for continuing to provide your honest feedback about Square Appointments. We read each and every one of these posts, and we track product & feature requests from sellers like you through many different channels, including this Community, contacts with our Square Support team, regular seller satisfaction surveys, our Early Access programs, and many more.

In listening to all of these channels, our team is acutely aware that an Android App is one of the top requests for the Square Appointments product, and we absolutely do not want to leave any of our sellers hanging.

We fully plan to build an Android App for Square Appointments. I can't say when it will happen, and the reality is that it won't be available in the next few months, but it certainly is on our roadmap. As soon as we have an Android App available for Beta, I will reach out to everyone in this thread so you can get your hands on it first.

Thank you so much, everyone!