x

Feature Request: Square Bitcoin Integration

I would like to know what Square's plans are on integrating Bitcoin as an option for the customer to use. I believe that the more options we give the customer the better the experience would be and the integration with Bitcoin and a company such as Coinbase would be rather simple to integrate. 

There were some articles back in 2014 that showed promise of Square adding integration with Bitcoin but as far as I know nothing has come of it. Here is one of many articles http://www.wired.com/2014/09/square-bitcoin/

Any insight from the Square team would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square

Great question @RyanNewStartN; unfortunately no plans to announce at this time! 

We did pilot accepting bitcoin online for a while - shortly after that article was published - in which sellers were able to receive payments in bitcoin through their online stores. However, the pilot has since ended. 

I agree with you; the more payment options the better! So hopefully it's something we can revisit in the future. 

Message 2 of 8

I represent a company that will be launching a national competitor to Massage Envy. Square has captured our attention with payroll handling, employee management, point of sale, and other services. We are extremely interested in working with you in integrating Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies as a form of payment at our spas. Assistance would be appreciated.

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hey there @msuprobo - thanks for making your first post on the community. ๐Ÿ˜Ž

We don't yet have cryptocurrencies available for use with Square products. I'll be sure to add you to the list of sellers requesting this feature and let our Product Team know. ๐Ÿ‘

Message 4 of 8

Thank you Russell! The name of the company that is requesting is Tranquil Body Care, LLC. Currently Texas based, but we we plan to grow and expand.

Message 5 of 8

Russel,

We have been using Square since 2010 on our food truck here in St. Louis. I am a former software company owner and enjoy being on the leading edge of technology. I would love to throw my company in as a beta tester/contributor for Bitcoin integration. Company is Sarah's Cake Stop......yes cupcakes and bitcoins are the perfect match.

Message 6 of 8

Hi! My name is Trey, the CEO/Co-Founder of Block 11. We have created a simple integration for Square users/devices to accept Bitcoin! Our node enables instant Bitcoin payments in-store & online. To learn more check us out at Block-11.com Submit a ticket if you like to set up a meeting to learn more. 

Message 7 of 8

It would be nice for us to have to opportunity to invest in Bitcoin for our businesses and then accept BTC payments.

Message 8 of 8