x

Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival?

Hello, 

As the thread is titled, can I 

Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival? 

I'm an event planner, and need to sell tickets online, and link them to my Square account. 

Can this be done? 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 27
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival?

Welcome to the Seller Community @ericajoy3

There isn't a barcode on electronic tickets — a unique order number* is displayed on your customer's order confirmation receipt.

You can download a CSV file of the orders for your event from your Orders Page. Using this list of orders, you can verify customers with their order number as they check in at your event.

I hope this is helpful but if you have any questions about this please let me know!  

* Heads up, the order number is actually a mix of letters and numbers! 

Verified Answer

Re: Set up online payments for tickets to an event or festival?

You can definitely sell tickets online, but I will note that we don't currently offer digital downloads. If you sell tickets, they would have to be delivered via one of three methods: 

• Electronic: After purchase, you can email your customers’ order confirmation which they can use as tickets
  • Shipping: Mail tickets using the delivery service of your choice
  • Pickup: Have customers pick up their tickets before or at an event

While we don't offer digital downloads, we do have partnerships with Weebly and Bigcommerce who offer great solutions for digital downloads. Hopefully that helps!

26 REPLIES 26
Square

You can definitely sell tickets online, but I will note that we don't currently offer digital downloads. If you sell tickets, they would have to be delivered via one of three methods: 

• Electronic: After purchase, you can email your customers’ order confirmation which they can use as tickets
  • Shipping: Mail tickets using the delivery service of your choice
  • Pickup: Have customers pick up their tickets before or at an event

While we don't offer digital downloads, we do have partnerships with Weebly and Bigcommerce who offer great solutions for digital downloads. Hopefully that helps!

Message 2 of 27

If people purchase the 'tickets' but dont need an actual paper ticket, does the square system send them a confirmation of their purchase?  We need to sell 'seats' to a training event & want to set it up so people can pay directly thru a platform instead of us having to collect their payment manually.  The thing that most event sites dont offer is calendar integration with our website.  From the sounds of it we can use the Square calendar on our website & eliminate google all together. Is that true?

Message 3 of 27
Square

For electronic delivery, your customer receives an email confirmation which can act as a ticket. There isn't a way to assign a seat automatically, but you will receive their contact info if you'd like to send that or any additional info to them separately. 

I might need some more info on what you would need out of the calendar; we do offer an Appointments calendar service, but I'm not sure that's exactly what you're looking for. 

Message 4 of 27

Does the ticket have its own bar code that can be scanned? How do we prevent them from printing or showing the same ticket five different times?

Message 5 of 27
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @ericajoy3

There isn't a barcode on electronic tickets — a unique order number* is displayed on your customer's order confirmation receipt.

You can download a CSV file of the orders for your event from your Orders Page. Using this list of orders, you can verify customers with their order number as they check in at your event.

I hope this is helpful but if you have any questions about this please let me know!  

* Heads up, the order number is actually a mix of letters and numbers! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 27

Where can I find the link to my square account to include in my event ticket sales? I'm not a business but a reunion party and only want attendees to be able to pay online for a single priced ticket. 

Seems simple enough but I can't find the link to allow people to pay via square.

Message 7 of 27

Hello @ghhs1977 you would have to create an Online Store from your Square Dashboard to sell tickets online for an event. Once your store is created you would direct your customers to your Online Store to make a purchase! 😃

Message 8 of 27

We need names associated with tickets, for a formal event to create seating charts.  There isn't a way to add field to each ticket item in the cart to collect the name of EACH attendee?  (not just the purchaser)...

Message 9 of 27
Admin

At this time it's not possible to customize the cart! I definitely see how that would be helpful and I'll share your interest with our Product Team.

As a workaround, you could write in the item description that buyers must include the name of each attendee in the note field at check out. You can then view the notes from the Transactions tab of your online Dashboard! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 27

Is there a way to sell event tickets in person with the register app for people who show up at the door? Say for a class, I would like people to be able to pre-buy tickets for the event or pay at the door, but still have it “deduct” from the total of tickets left?

Message 11 of 27
Admin

Thanks for bringing this up, @JosephShahen.

Yep, when you create a ticket in our Store Editor, it will be available for sale in your Point of Sale app as well. This will allow you to sell from both your Online Store and at the door. As you make sales from either option, the ticket count will decrease appropriately. 🎟

Hope this helps clear things up. Please let us know if you have any further questions. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 12 of 27

Hi, sorry to jump into the conversation but I have a specific question re: inventory in relation to ticket sales. I run a small cinema and we want to be able to sell seats from a set inventory of 68 per screening. There are a variety of ticket types though - from full price, to a number of different types of concessions, to free tickets for customers who have completed a loyalty card. I need to be able to sell any combination of these from an overall inventory of 68 - at the moment I can't work out how I could set an event inventory and then have these categories as types of tickets. Any advice gratefully appreciated! Thank you

Message 13 of 27

You mention that after payment customers are sent confirmation emails. 

Can i modify what goes into the confirmation email?  Can i include a Zoom Link into a confirmation email so that customers who pay have access to it automatically. So that i don't have manually send each person a link who pays? 

Message 14 of 27

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Ticket sales

Hi! I'm a volunteer for our local fire department. We are in the process of getting a square card reader. It's main purpose will be for different events. Some of our events we presales tickets (for bands, basket parties,gun bashes, etc.). Currently we do things the old fashion way of printed tickets and cash/check for payment. We are interested in adding this as a way to make online payments, or via the square reader when we are not in your facility. My question is how would the customer get a printed ticket? Would we just view the recipient ? Is there a way to send tickets through the square account? This is all new to me so I apologize.

Message 15 of 27
Admin

Welcome to Square and to the Seller Community @Jnclay1988!

You might have seen this thread already since you posted but it has more information about how to set up online payments for tickets to an event. I think it'll answer your initial questions but if you have any other questions don't hesitate to reply! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 16 of 27

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Can Square create a single-use "ticket" for customers to use to attend an event?

We are using our online store to sell tickets to an event.  I'd like to know if I can take the customers' online order and some how turn it into a single-use, redeemable ticket (via barcode, or other code).  We can scan the customers phone, or have them print out their email/receipt.  Is this possible? TIA

Message 17 of 27
Admin

Welcome to the Community @anne4

I've moved your post to this thread which has a bit more information about how to manage tickets with Square Online Store Events. Take a look and let me know ifyou have any additional questions! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 18 of 27

Hi. I just created an online store. I have an event soon and we will be selling tickets. Is Online Square free? Will there be a cost for any transaction or payment made? As when I use the Square card for my classes there is an extra cost. Thank you.

Message 19 of 27
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @tumbaolatino - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you!

The Square Online store has a few separate tiers. There are tiers in which monthly payments are necessary, but our main Online Store option is free from a subscription standpoint. You can view all tier options here. 

In regards to payments taken on the Online Store, you will see each transaction price on these tiers, as well. All transactions have a 2.9% + .30c fee.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 27

Hi Joe, 

Thank you for getting back to me. I don’t quite understand the 2.9%+.30c fee. How does these fees apply? 

I created three different item/pricing  on online store for my up & coming dance classes and event. Then I tested it by buying 2 tickets myself as I wanted to check if there would be a transaction fee and how much. 

I received the payments from Square  in my account from the purchase I made myself (test purchase). 
$10 ticket - square charged 22c and the $20 ticket-square charged 44c. 

Will there be more fees? As in your message you mentioned 2.9%+30c.

I appreciate your prompt response.

kind Regards,

Tumbao Latino

Message 21 of 27