x

Can not enter customers expiration year on card?

Having trouble processing credit card payments. Square is not allowing the two digit year to be typed into the cards expiration. Please help!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @KRL, thanks for surfacing this and sorry to hear about the trouble. The app won't let you enter in the year unless the two digit month is added first.

As you manually key in the credit card information, you'll need to enter the two digit month. Then, the app will automatically prompt you to enter in the two digit year.

If that doesn't clear things up, please try these troubleshooting tips as they'll clear out any possible glitch on your mobile device or app.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you're still encountering any issues.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

Kudos

the problem I am having is not being able to punch in the expiration year AFTER the two digit month has been entered 

My problem is it worked fine until I did an update on my iPhone. 

I put the app on my wife's iPhone and it works fine. It appears to have something to do with the OS update

Message 3 of 8

I am having same problem. It won't take the second digit of the year after you have entered the month.

I am on phone to support and they act as if they have never heard of it before.

Message 4 of 8

I am also not able to enter the number "2" as the first digit for the customers expiration year.  I can enter any number but "2".  The problem is the customer's expiration year is 22.  What do I do to accept payment?

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hey @TravisGaines!

I would try updating your app.

If you're still unable to enter the card number, please try entering it in the Virtual Terminal. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 8

Thank you for the tip on the virtual terminal. That is the only thing that worked for me!

Message 7 of 8

Can’t enter cc exp date for manual charge

Message 8 of 8