x

Square Feedback: Can you edit the feedback provided through Square?

The title of this thread was updated from its original title: “Customer accidently posted negative feedback. is this correctable?”.

I had a client say she accidently posting a negative feedback. She would like to correct it. I do believe was accident as she posted rave review on facebook. So 2 questions...

How does negative feedback impact my buisness? Is this seen publicly somehow?

Can she or I correct this feedback?

Message 1 of 30
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @Muktinath -

I totally understand your concern and I’m happy to let you know that the feedback your customers provide isn’t made visible to the public at all. We include Square Feedback on your customer's receipts to provide the chance to exchange feedback about recent experiences that can help you gain insight into the success of your business.

You can continue to encourage your customers to post on your business's Facebook and Yelp pages. You can also check out our new features in Square Marketing that encourage your customers to review your business on a public platform! 

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if I can answer any others. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Alumni

Best Answer

Hello @Muktinath -

I totally understand your concern and I’m happy to let you know that the feedback your customers provide isn’t made visible to the public at all. We include Square Feedback on your customer's receipts to provide the chance to exchange feedback about recent experiences that can help you gain insight into the success of your business.

You can continue to encourage your customers to post on your business's Facebook and Yelp pages. You can also check out our new features in Square Marketing that encourage your customers to review your business on a public platform! 

I hope this answers your question, please let me know if I can answer any others. 

Message 2 of 30

Thank You!!!

Message 3 of 30

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: “Customer's daughter accidently posted negative feedback. is this correctable?”. The original author has been notified via email.

My customer says her daughter accidentally got her receipt from Square and because she didn't know what it was, she clicked on the dissatisfied icon to stop getting emails from a stranger. My customer is upset and she wants to know if Square can change it to a positive, plus she wants to switch the link for her credit card to her own email address so SHE gets the receipts.

Message 4 of 30
Alumni

Hey @arroyopottery

Sorry to hear about this! We aren't able to change your customer's response, but no one else will be able to see it. The feedback your customers provide isn’t made visible to the public at all. This feature is available for you to know more about what your customers think of your business. Since you know this was an accident, you can disregard the feedback. 

Your customer can correct the email address linked to their payment card by clicking "Not Your Receipt?" at the bottom of the Square receipt. This will allow your customer to enter a new email address the next time they visit a seller that uses Square. 

Message 5 of 30

Thanks, I'll let my customer know to do that!

Message 6 of 30

This is not an acceptable answer. Customers should be allowed to go in and change their feedback when they accidently click the wrong button.

Message 7 of 30
Admin

I'm very sorry for the trouble this caused @Dawn1.

Rest assured that feedback from your customers is not visible to the public but I can see how it would be useful for customers to be able to correct their mistakes! 

If the ability for customers to edit their feedback becomes available we'll let you know in this thread.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 8 of 30

Has anything been resolved in the way of customers being able to correct a bad review?

Message 9 of 30
Admin

Not yet @LuminessAiress. Can you let us know a bit more about the instances where customers want to correct their reply? In the meantime you can assure customers that their feedback isn't publicly available.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 10 of 30

When they've made an unwarranted negative review. 

Message 11 of 30
Admin

Thank you! I can understand how it would be useful to be able to allow customers to update unwarranted negative reviews. We'll let everyone in this thread know if this feature becomes available in future.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 12 of 30

I have a customer who hit the negative feedback face because she took something home and the color wasn't what she thought it was. Why she hit that I don't know, but maybe paniced that I wouldn't take it back but I always do and will in this instance. It had nothing to do with my service or product just that she changed her mind. She was thrilled that I took it back and will continue to be a customer but now can't change the feedback. That's an example of how this happens and why the customer should be able to change it. 

Message 13 of 30

Another example of "unwarranted negative review" is someone who waits 3 or more MONTHS to even respond to their receipt....and gives a negative review that makes absolutely NO sense, at all.....until you figure out, by looking at the actual receipt, that it was a person who was in ONCE, and now works for a competitor.  Why isn't there a limit on how long some feedback can be left?

Message 14 of 30
Admin

Thanks for your post @TheSavvyDog. Does this happen often? Do you think 3 months should be the maximum amount of time or even less time than that? I'll share this with the Feedback team.

Rest assured feedback shared through digital receipts is not visibile to anyone but you. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 15 of 30

I totally agree, it just happened to me as well and my customer it’s trying to change her feedback. 

Message 16 of 30
Admin

@Sissa

Currently, the ability for your customers to edit their feedback isn’t available. Please keep in mind, feedback is only visible to Square Sellers from the online Square Dashboard and isn’t public.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 17 of 30

As a customer, I accidentally left negative feedback and sent a message to a vendor. Both my husband and I had made personal Square purchases on the same day. I was confused about the receipt/charge sent to our email address, thinking I was over charged for a purchase at the local farmer's market (due to my not recognizing the name on the receipt).  The merchant is going to be very confused as my husband was paying for a massage, and I commented about the produce I had bought.

When I (the customer) return to the receipt/email, it would be nice if it would allow me to either change/edit OR submit a new review/comment to the merchant.

Message 18 of 30

I agree. There are many cases when you don't even know there is a problem until you get negative feedback. Then you go to the customer to try to fix the problem, and they are satisfied and SHOULD BE ABLE TO CORRECT THEIR FEEDBACK.

Message 19 of 30

Yes, it just happened to me and now the customer wants to fix it and cannot. It should still be an option even if it's not visible to others, it's visible to us and we work hard for positive feedback no matter the platform!

Message 20 of 30

I MUST eliminate the rating opportunities and the smiley face icon from my receipt,  I am a mental health provider and it is so inappropriate for this to be on my receipts. 

Message 21 of 30