x

Can I include the Customer's name on the receipt?

We're a non-profit that receives lots of donations and they need to be tracked in order to thank the donor. How do we add the donor's name to the receipt for accounting purposes?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Beta Member

I have noticed that not all credit cards pick up the persons name.  So, what I have done is add customer name at time of order if they are physically at my show.  The other place you could type their name is in the notes right before you process the order.

Message 2 of 6

I'm not referring to the name on a credit card transaction. We have a huge customer database with customer's names, but the names do not show up on the receipt when they are printed. Is there a way I can change that? I haven't found it yet.

Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

did you try what I mentioned above by typing the name of the person you want to have on the receipt?

I always type my edition numbers in the notes section and it comes up on the receipt I see in the email.  I would think it also prints?

Message 4 of 6

We do type in the names of the customers on the sales transaction, but names are not printing out on the reciepts. 

How do I set that up?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @JuneauArts

While Customer names can be viewed on emailed receipts and within your Square Dashboard, they don't appear on printed receipts at this time. 

You can try turning on Order Tickets, as that would print out the name that you enter during the sale on the order ticket itself. 

Message 6 of 6