x

Does Square integrate with Quicken?

I’ve heard a few sellers ask if Square integrates with Intuit's accounting software Quicken.

Message 1 of 35
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Does Square integrate with Quicken?

Hi there @SilvaLining - Violet here, stepping in for JJ.

Square doesn’t currently have a direct partnership with Quicken. If you’re curious about any of Square’s supported partners, check out our Square App Marketplace. Any of the apps listed on this page are open for integration.

At this time, we do not have any further information on whether or not integration with Quicken is in our future. 

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

Verified Answer

Re: Does Square integrate with Quicken?

Unfortunately, at this time, Square doesn’t work with Quicken, but there are some great alternatives. Square works with several accounting apps that you can integrate directly with your Square account. One of the most popular accounting softwares is another Intuit product, Quickbooks.

In addition to Quickbooks, Square also partners with Commerce Sync, Xero, TaxJar, and many others. You can see a full list of accounting apps right from your online Square Dashboard

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Unfortunately, at this time, Square doesn’t work with Quicken, but there are some great alternatives. Square works with several accounting apps that you can integrate directly with your Square account. One of the most popular accounting softwares is another Intuit product, Quickbooks.

In addition to Quickbooks, Square also partners with Commerce Sync, Xero, TaxJar, and many others. You can see a full list of accounting apps right from your online Square Dashboard

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 35
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Square doesn’t currently have a direct partnership with Quicken. If you’re curious about any of Square’s supported partners, check out our Square App Marketplace. Any of the apps listed on this page are open for integration.

At this time, we do not have any further information on whether or not integration with Quicken is in our future. 

I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators.

In the meantime, keep an eye out for any updates, here, in our Seller Community. We appreciate your input.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Alumni

Best Answer

Message 2 of 35

When can we expect to see a qfx format download file available for use with our quicken business accounting app.  Will Square support setup of a qfx server for quicken direct connect downloads or qfx file download availiable on the web site for quicken web connect or driect customer download.   This is important for completion of integration of square as our primary transaction processing choice

Message 3 of 35
Alumni

Hi @AliiKane - Unfortunately, we don't have a timeline on if or when this might be implemented.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 35

Sorry to hear that.  I have started the process of moving our business over to Square.  I like the Square Android app better than the PayPal app.  This Pretty much puts an end to the migration.  I am not willing to change over our accounting method simply because Square does not have a plan to integrate to any other Quicken platform other than than QuickBooks Online.  I think this is a bit short sited for square as a company.  A relativly simple project of setting up a QFX server that supports Direct Connect can gain Squareup.com a foothold into a fairly large customer base that to be tapped.  I have already setup an account and have card readers in the mail.  Now  my option is to close my Squareup.com account and toss the readers into the IT junk drawers.    I would gladly reconsider my actions if Squareup.com makes inroads into supporting this yet untapped customer base.

Message 5 of 35
Alumni

Thank you for sharing your feedback! We'll definitely make sure to pass it on to our Product Team and we'll update you if we hear any news on a Quicken integration. In the meantime, we understand that we cannot meet all the needs of every business so we always encourage our Sellers to do what's in the best interest of their business even if it means moving away from Square products.

We wish you continued growth and success!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 6 of 35

I agree, I will continue using PayPal and Quicken Home and Business.  I had big hopes for Square. 😞

Message 7 of 35

How can i download to quicken business?

Message 8 of 35

not possible at this point, that is why I will stay with PayPal.

Message 9 of 35

Small & new businesses still use quicken & quicken Home & business - I guess I have to use PayPal!!!

Message 10 of 35

I'm right there with you!

I'm still using Square - AND Paypal - but Paypal makes it sooooooo much easier by allowing the connection to Quicken.  

Come on, Square....join the Quicken crowd....please!

Message 11 of 35

When will Square start to integrate their products with Quicken? According to this response, it has been at least 4 years since Square has had an opportunity to do so. Or is Inuit paying y'all too much money to give up?

Message 12 of 35

Hello there @SilvaLining👋 

At this time Square has APIs available for any company to integrate with our services. I would suggest reaching out to Quicken to ask if they are considering or already have any available options to integrate with Square.

JJ
Message 13 of 35

Well, that's interesting since I tried connecting from Quicken, and the block comes from Square.

Message 14 of 35

I would suggest getting a ticket number from quicken in regards to their integration not working correctly after that, you'll want to reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Message 15 of 35

This is not a "they are the problem", this is a "Square is blocking connections". It also surprises me that Square won't actually allow screenshots of a problem in a thread.

Message 16 of 35

Best Answer

Violet
Message 17 of 35

I recently signed up for Square Checking. How do I connect this checking account to Quicken to download transactions?

When I choose Connect to Square as the financial institution and enter my Square username and password, it says "Your financial institution is blocking Quicken from connecting to your accounts."

Message 18 of 35

Hi @EndlessWaves - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I've merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have asked the same question regarding integration with Quicken.

Please see the response from myself that is marked as Best Answer for more information. Thank you!

Violet
Message 19 of 35

Run, run away. They aren't willing to put in the work that it takes to integrate the systems. They will give you the run around until they can't hide the truth anymore.

Message 20 of 35

Looks like it is time to replace Square with PayPal, or some other application. Seems that Square would get their act together to make sure this connection is made.

Message 21 of 35