x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412

I'd like to sign up for the early access please. 

Message 43 of 413

I am very interested in being a part if the early access beta appointments app on android 

Message 44 of 413

It's been at least 2 weeks since I expressed my interest in participating in the early access program for Android Appointments App. I haven't reccieved an email yet. Is there a timeline here? Do I qualify? It would be nice to hear something... I'm still interested in participating...

Message 45 of 413
Alumni

Hi @Steff673 & @msdiaz - I talked with our team in charge of activating alphas and they are tracking all these requests. They might be a little behind on sending out official invites, so we appreciate your patience. 

Message 46 of 413

Thank you @katieand for the update... much appreciated!

Message 47 of 413

I'm interested in trying out the square appointments for android. To see how it works with my barbershop.

Message 48 of 413

I just signed up for online appointment booking and use Android. I would like to be part of the early roll out if possible. Please let me know when it is available

Thanks

Message 49 of 413
Beta Member

Definitely interested if theres still room for app testers! I wont be back on ios until next April and would love this on android vs carrying my ipad everywhere

Message 50 of 413

I would like to access the android app if possible. Sole propriator only need to view and edit scheduling, and maybe process payments. Have an iPad for backup, but really need to be able to make appts on phone.

Message 51 of 413

Please send us the early version! With 12 Staff, 4 having android devices, we need functionality now. 

Message 52 of 413
Beta Member

OK, it has been 6 months and we have not heard a thing about what is happening with this! Have you given up? If there is one for Apple it should not take this long to do one for Android!!!
Message 53 of 413

Please sign me up for beta 

Message 54 of 413

I am very interested in this if still available and also for when it becomes public to all!! I use this app on an iPhone and I want to use my android phone.  Thank you!! 

Message 55 of 413

I would like to participate in testing the appointments app for Android.

Message 56 of 413

Hi there! I'm starting to panic! I just purchased a new phone today and I use square appointments every day to process and check out! Please help! I need to be able to use my calendar! My email is [Personal Information Redacted]

Message 57 of 413

I would be interested in the Android early access program  

Darren [personal information redacted]

Message 58 of 413

I'd like to become a tester for this feature. I've been in software development and testing for almost 30 years, and I'm a current Square customer.

Message 59 of 413

I'm interested in the early access..  

Message 60 of 413

Hi, I'm interested in signing up for the early access! Thank you 

Message 61 of 413

I would love early access if I qualify! 

Message 62 of 413

YES! Very glad to be hearing this, and I'd be interested in trying it out.

Since you mention you're looking for certain types of accounts, I have a single-staff account and receive an average of 3-10 bookings per week for my family entertainment venue.

Message 63 of 413