x

Card not charged, slide again.

I have used square for years. Now I seem to be having a problem. I got a new phone 2 months ago Android Samsung 7s. Two weeks ago in the middle of my work day my card reader was no longer I thought reading the card. So I opened a new package got out a new Square Reader. Yet it still was not working it kept saying card not read. So I that evening uninstall the app reinstall the app. To find it working again and working with my old Square Reader. It lasted a few days and then again it quit reading and saying card not charged swipe again. So I uninstall reinstall again. This time I can no faster ring up my person not swipe their card because the screen pops up card not read please swipe again and I had not swiped her card yet. So what is going on??? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Do you happen to have a phone case on? Sometimes the reader input is not closely in with some case. 

Message 2 of 6

No I don't have a phone case on my phone. And it's working as it tells me that the card has not been read please scan again.

Message 3 of 6

Message 4 of 6

Hey @NailsBySidney, sorry to hear about the trouble! 

@htran214 brought up a great question! Also what cellular provider are you using with your phone? 

Message 5 of 6

I used t mobile as I have for the past 8 yrs

Message 6 of 6