x

Square does not prompt email receipt after swiping customer card

Why isn't Square asking if the customer would like an email receipt? Is it because they are recognized, and it automatically sends a receipt. Or is it in my settings?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

My experience is if your customer has used THAT card at another vendor using Square and they requested an email receipt there, then Square automatically sends an email receipt from then on from any other vendor.  I have purchased from a vendor using Square and my card does the same thing.  At the bottom of the receipt, in the fine print of course, is a statement from Square that the customer can choose to opt out.  I tell my customers about this and they seem to be fine with it, saves them from having to reenter their info every time.

Message 2 of 5
Alumni

@OmaKorn's explanation is exactly correct! If your customer has used their card with another Square seller and requested an email receipt previously, then we'll automatically send email receipts when they shop with other Square sellers. They can always opt out by clicking unsubscribe on their receipt.

Message 3 of 5

Thanx for the feed back, then how would one go about reinacting that feature so as to receive the choice every time regardless?

Message 4 of 5
Square

@JLF - If you reach out directly a supporter can disable this feature for your account if you'd wish. Just keep in mind it will slow down checkout quite a bit. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 5