x

How do you track commission owed to owners when paying the vendor?

We sell items in our store on consignment. The vendor sets the price and if it sells we take 20% off of the top. How do we track this so when it is time to pay the vendor we know how much to take off the top? Is this a manual process for us?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

@Mercantile 

I'm not sure of an easy way to do this in Square. That's why we built our software!

We do offer a web app that integrates with Square. It's the only consignment software that currently integrates with Square's point of sale using their APIs

You enter your inventory on our website and it syncs to Square. It then comes back into Rose to make creating receipts for your consignors in just a couple clicks so that they have a record of what sold and what their portion of the sale price is. Rose makes paying your consignors very simple. 

Our website is https://www.consignorconnect.com.

Message me or email from our website if you'd like more info. There's several videos on there as well showing you how to do things in Rose.

Thanks,

Mike

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mercantile - Right now, this would be a manual process. We don't have a feature for this. We appreciate your feedback and I will get this over to our Product Team. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

We sell jewelry items on a split percantage with the artist. Is there a way to add the percentage to the inventory for these items so I can easily track and payout to artist? 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@cswansonyoung Like Kassi_ mentions on this thread, tracking this would be a manual process that you'd have to implement in a way that's easy for you.

But it would be worth checking in with @ConsignConnect to see what they'd be able to do for you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 5