x

Square with WooCommerce - Order Details Not Displaying in Square Dashboard

I'm using WooCommerce for WordPress and the Square extension sold by WooCommerce.

My team needs the ability to see what items sold in WooCommerce from the Square Dashboard. I'm running test transactions for the WooCommerce store but the Square Dashboard is listing transactions as: "WooCommerce: Order #"

Even when you click the transaction "WooCommerce: Order #" to see more info, you can't see what specific items were purchased. 

Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 7
1 Verified Answer
Tom
Verified Answer

Re: Square with WooCommerce - Order Details Not Displaying in Square Dashboard

Hey @atomasko, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, we aren't able to display itemized transactions for our online e-commerce parterres as the API only syncs inventory and payments. For more context, have a look at @Helen's reply in this post: Sales put through using Square & Weebly. In addition, you may want to touch base with WooCommerce directly to see if they're able to offer any additional solutions for your team's reporting needs.

Sorry for any confusion—hope this helps clear things up a bit more!

6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @atomasko, welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up.

At this time, we aren't able to display itemized transactions for our online e-commerce parterres as the API only syncs inventory and payments. For more context, have a look at @Helen's reply in this post: Sales put through using Square & Weebly. In addition, you may want to touch base with WooCommerce directly to see if they're able to offer any additional solutions for your team's reporting needs.

Sorry for any confusion—hope this helps clear things up a bit more!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

We can't decide whether to keep posting this in reply to different threads on the same issue, or just give up and move on to a fully functional solution.

We've been waiting for over a year for WooCommerce and Square to get this figured out. As we understand it, Square did not originally have functionality to receive itemized sales from WooCommerce, however that apparently changed in early 2018.

Unfortunately, it seems that WooCommerce has not done their part to enable this, stating that a complete re-write of the Woo/Square plug-in is required. We use to like WooCommerce, but this one is becoming a dealbreaker.

We're not planning to move away from Square (yet) as our payment gateway / inventory control, but we are actively looking for better integration with our online shop than WooCommerce is apparently willing to provide. Before it is suggested, Square's online storefront/marketplace is painfully inadequate for our needs, particularly from a design and functionality perspective.

Would someone from Square please advise as to whether or not there are ANY online storefront solutions out there that have the ability to pass itemized/categorized sales to Square? As numerous others have reported, Square had become our defacto sales reporting mechanism but the lack of this functionality makes the item/category level sales reporting in Square impossible to use without having to manually cross-reference back to the WooCommerce store reporting.

The sad part is that we WANT to keep using Square and WooCommerce together, but the lack of this functionality is steering us away from both vendors.

The confusing part is that we cannot believe that more store owners are not banging down the doors about this. How can one wisely manage marketing efforts (or use Square's built-in marketing tools) when we can't see what is being sold online?

Vexing.

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Hey @EarthSoothers, I just saw your post here—really sorry for the frustration. We definitely want to do all we can to offer a seamless experience. So that we can keep track of these concerns, please keep posts of the same topic on the same thread—this will help me make sure nothing slips by. For anyone else following this issue, please head over to this thread for more information: Uncategorized Sales.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 7

I agree with you @EarthSoothers. I just happened to discover that there was an application that would connect woo with Square but the full feautres aren't there, and I am facing the same issues you are facing. I just can't belive that such of both big company haven't figure this out yet for the level of necessity that there is. I am sure tons of people are facing the same issue but aren't complaining about it because they are moving away from it since the solution isn't there yet. Hopefully we can see so changes in the near future, but as of now I am forced to look away for other solutions. Thanks for the Post! 

Message 5 of 7

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: WooCommerce and Products

I have a wordpress site, using WooCommerce and Products integrated with Square (lingo?). Everything is working beautifully. My issue is that when the sale shows up under my transactions it does not tell me what the product purchased is, it just says WooCommerce Order #1234. So I have to go research in my email to find what was actually purchased. Is there a way to change this so that the product purchased from the site shows up on the transactions list when I run my Square Reports. Thanks!!

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Hi @ACUTattoo. You're right, at this time you won't see itemized sales for payments processed with WooCommerce via Square. 😞

This is a very popular request and I'll share your feedback with the Integration team - I can see how it would be more efficient to see everything in one place! We'll share any updates here in the Community. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 7