x
Alumni

Early Access to the Android Appointments App!

Hey folks!

I’m very excited to announce that we are recruiting sellers for an early access program for Square Appointments on Android!

appts-android-01.png

As of right now, the Appointments functionality in the app is very limited. You’ll be able to view a calendar of your appointments and personal events one day at a time, view the details of individual appointments, and check out those appointments directly in the app. Anything you'd typically do in Square Point of Sale-- creating items, managing customers, sending invoices-- you’ll also be able to do from this app.

We’ll be regularly adding more functionality to the app as we move towards launching it to everyone, but I want to make sure you know that this is an early access version-- if it were end-to-end ready with all the features needed for anyone to use it, we’d just skip ahead to launching it to everyone!

Being part of the early access program means you'll be able to provide feedback, and the Appointments product team will listen closely to your input. We may reach out to talk directly about how things are going from time to time. Your thoughts and suggestions will help us shape the path we take from now to launch and beyond!

If you’re interested, please reply to this thread and we’ll reach out via email. We’re keeping our audience limited to start, so we may not be able to invite you to try it out immediately. But we’ll be sure to reach out to everyone and let you know when you should expect an invitation to join.

Thank you all for your help as we continue to work towards launching Appointments on Android. I personally can’t wait to see this thing go out to everyone-- I know there will be at least 12 pages worth of happy sellers when that happens 🙂

Cheers!

Devon M

Product Manager - Square Appointments

Message 1 of 413
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Thank you to all who have shown interest in testing the Square Appointments app! Also, thank you to those who have reached out to the beta team to gain access! 

I have good news for everyone! The Square Appointments App is now in Open Beta! This means you can download app from the Google Play Store or by selecting this link on your Android device

You can create, manage and take payments for your appointments directly from the Square Appointments app. You can also view upcoming and past appointments as well as customer information.

We are finalizing things and tuning out a few tweaks, but plan to GA very soon! 

Please go ahead and download the app! Feel free to share feedback here or at betafeedback@squareup.com 

Thanks, 

Howard, Square Beta Team

Howard
Beta Team Lead, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 408 of 413
412 REPLIES 412

I'm interested 

Message 379 of 413
Beta Member

Would love to have access to this Android Beta for Square Appointments. Thank you!

Message 380 of 413

I had to get a new phone and can't find where you guys sent my link. It would be very much appreciated it I could continue to try it out - now on a larger screen that I can't break.

Thank you in advance.

Message 381 of 413

I would like app

Message 382 of 413

I would like to have access to the  android app!    

Message 383 of 413

I'd like access to the Beta program. I asked about appointments for android since earlier this year and was told it would be available this fall. I'm still waiting 

Message 384 of 413

after the recent update, the app no longer functions. Crashes on open. Big problem now that I depend on being able to use android.

Message 385 of 413

It happened to me too. I just uninstalled and reinstalled

Message 386 of 413
Admin

Thanks for reporting this @PreciseA, I'm sorry for the disruption this is causing. If you haven't already, can you delete and reinstall the app as suggested by @Hillaryrose1980?

If this continues after you reinstall the app please send an email to the beta team directly at betafeedback@squareup.com so they can investigate further.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 387 of 413
Beta Member

Are you guys still allowing people into the Beta? I had posted here about a week ago and hadn't heard anything. Let me know!

Message 388 of 413

Could anybody know or help me about the beta progrm for square appointments for android.

Message 389 of 413
Square Community Moderator

Hey @simassageguy

I've moved your post over to this existing thread to let our Beta Team know about your interest. Check out the original post in this thread and keep an eye out for updates. 

Message 390 of 413
Beta Member

Any update on this?

Message 391 of 413

like to be a beata tester please send a link to stellfingers1992@gmail.com.  I used square apointments on my lap top and only used android phones.  I would like to charge if i am out my staff houres on the fly.  I always traving and sometime i have to explain to my cutomers that eben that i am avaialbel on the caandar sometime came up and not at a laptop to chage my hours.  If i had the ability to changhe my times on a fly it would make my life for my clients much beter.

Thank You 

Message 392 of 413
Beta Member

I would love to be considered for the early access app! I recently purchased an android tablet without realizing I couldn't check out clients through the web app. Please let me know if I'm eligible. I would gladly provide feedback on the app.

Message 393 of 413

I would absolutely love to be a beta tester. Please add me if possible! ❤️ 

Message 394 of 413

I'm interested in using the early access version for Android. I just added the appointments to my website and cannot convert the appointment into a charge without doing double work in POS.  

Message 395 of 413

I'd love to be considered for testing the beta app for android!

Message 396 of 413

I am interested. Thank you 

Message 397 of 413

Hello! I would be interested in being a part of the beta. I'm very fond of 1) the software itself and 2) doing my duty as a beta tester to identify and catalog as many bugs (No matter how obscure) as possible. I'd love to generate some mutual benefit. LOVE YA, STRANGER! : )

Message 398 of 413

Hi, I'm interested in trying the beta version of the app

Message 399 of 413