x

Item Library not showing items

I have all my items entered in the Item Library and the items are assigned to specific categories and one location.  When i log into my sqare account on the computer i dont see any of my items listed.  tried searching still nothing.  Look under the categories tab and it shows the items assigned to the categories.  If i pull it up on the tablet i have no issues.  How do i fix this problem?

Message 1 of 34
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

All items created on your account should appear both in your Square Dashboard as well as the Point of Sale app. 

One thing to make sure of is that you're signing in using the same account information.

It's possible that you created another account by mistake and signed into it by accident. 

Have you double checked the email address you used to log in to the app is the same as the one you're using to log in to the Dashboard?

If that doesn't get you where you need to be - maybe you need help with item visibility on your website?

This post was updated by a moderator in October 2021 to include updated information.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

Best Answer

All items created on your account should appear both in your Square Dashboard as well as the Point of Sale app. 

One thing to make sure of is that you're signing in using the same account information.

It's possible that you created another account by mistake and signed into it by accident. 

Have you double checked the email address you used to log in to the app is the same as the one you're using to log in to the Dashboard?

If that doesn't get you where you need to be - maybe you need help with item visibility on your website?

This post was updated by a moderator in October 2021 to include updated information.

Message 2 of 34

I'm having the same issue. How did you solve this?

Message 3 of 34

Hey @steph87, are the items not showing up in app or in the Square Dashboard? Also have you tried signing out of both and signing back in? 

Message 4 of 34

They aren't showing up in the dashboard. So when I want to invoice, I've been having to do it from my phone ---- that's the only place they show up. I will try signing out from both and signing back in but not sure if that will solve or not. Please send any solutions my way. Thanks!

Message 5 of 34

@stephp87 that sounds really odd. Have you had a chance to reach out to our Support Team

It sounds to me like their might be an issue on the backend of your Square Dashboard. Our Support Team can do some digging and get this fixed! 

Message 6 of 34

Hi everyone. I'm having a similar problem. I created an item, "Pose & Click" and I have it listed as a "Headshots" category, but it doesn't show up when I select the ALL ITEMS button.  This is the first item I created after I created my Square account, and was messing around with settings on both the app and the desktop version. If I search for the name of the item, it will appear in the search results, and it has a little "briefcase" icon; however, it won't show up as part of the ALL ITEMS results? This happend on both my desktop and my iPhone app.  I have logged out of both apps, and have logged back into them using the same email address.  

the categoriesthe categoriesthe manual search by name result.the manual search by name result.

Message 7 of 34

Hi @jefephotography

It sounds like Pose & Click is actually a service that was created through the Appointments Dashboard or app. 

Unfortunately, Services used for Square Appointments and Items used for the Square Point of Sale app cannot be merged or tracked together, but our Appointments team is working to implement this soon. 

Let me know if you need more clarification around this. 

Message 8 of 34

Thanks EJ_! I think I understand...  So, if I want clients to book a session with me online and pay a deposit to reserve the date, I need to create those items through the appointments dashboard, yet when they want to pay the balance of their session (day of session) using their credit card, I need to have to have an identical item in my POS app?  

I'm a small one-person studio, so I'm trying to make things as efficient as possible. If there is a better solution that I'm not thinking about, I would be grateful for more clarification and/or insight. 

Thanks!

Jerry

Message 9 of 34

That's correct @jefephotography

What you can do is use the Square Appointments app to check your customers out. Check out this existing article:

Check Out With The Square Appointments App

Message 10 of 34

Hello.  Has this feature been implemented yet?

Message 11 of 34

Has this implementation been completed?  If not when is it expected to occur?

Message 12 of 34
Admin

Thanks for checking in @HughesOutdoors- no new news to share just yet. We'll update this thread when we have an update!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 34

2 years later.......

Message 14 of 34

Hi @BellaBeauty! No updates on this yet but we let the Appointments and Product team know you're still looking for this to be a feature.

Items from the POS library should show up in Appointments as well but items won't appear on the online booking site as of right now. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 34

I've added a few items in the Square item library, but not all of them are showing up in my online item library.  Is there a limit of items that I'm not aware of?  The item I'm specifically concerned about is scrunchies.

Message 16 of 34

@ecobronx Thank you so much for posting in this thread and welcome to the Seller Community! Were you able to get this resolved? I see the scrunchies available in your online store and I was able to add them to my cart. They are adorable, by the way!

AshleyK
Message 17 of 34

Hello @AshleyK it did work after I removed a few items.  Makes me wonder if there is a limit on the number of products.

Message 18 of 34

@ecobronx thanks for letting me know! It's hard to say exactly what was going on since it worked now, but do know there is no limit to the number of items you can have on your store. If you run into the error again, please let me know or call support and we can take a look then. Overall, I'm happy to see you're up and running. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 19 of 34

Hi @AshleyK, I have seemingly been able to solve the problem of designated logos (via Online Checkout>Edit Details>Edit Image) by navigating to Online>Items>Site Items and then simply uploading my desired item logo THERE (which now successfully shows up on laptop and mobile). I hope that works for you.

Message 20 of 34

Is anyone else experiencing a delay in new items from your library (created in the square app on my iPad) syncing with 'site items' on the square dashboard?

I'm trying to upload items to my square shop. It has been getting slower and more erratic over the last few weeks.

Thanks.

Message 21 of 34