x

For Existing Square Capital Users...How can I become eligible for another Square Capital Loan?

I am an existing Square Capital User with a small loan amount.  I previously held a square capital loan and was offered to increase my Square Capital loan, which I accepted.  

How can I receive this offer again?  Do I need to reach a certain percentage paid off before I can be offered another loan?  

Any help is appreciated!  Thank You! 

Message 1 of 89
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @IMPACT23 - I'm sorry about your frustration with your Capital experience. I understand how frustrating it can be to not be eligible. I want to clarify that if you have received a loan in the past, there is no guarantee that you will be offered another one (check out this Help Center Article about becoming eligible for another loan). We are continuing to track feedback we receive about the Capital program/product, so thank you for taking the time to post and share your experience. Please let me know if there's anything else I can convey to my team about your experience in particular.

View Best Answer >

Message 36 of 89
88 REPLIES 88

Makes perfect Sense!, @Square hire this guy lol, 

Message 43 of 89

The only bit of advice is to be steady and consistant in your business practice .. Cash flow is important. This is what any lender wants to see. I to have had 4 loans paid in record time 😉 And another almost satisfied. Enjoy the rest of your summer. 😎

Message 44 of 89

@Regina_B You guys give no reason to your customers, just send the same message to everyone. 

Message 45 of 89

I have had 2 capital loans paid off in full, the last one was complete 9/2/17. Have yet to receive a new offer but I am hitting all their requirement requests. No chargebacks, no issues and sales have almost tripled. I’m happy for the ones that are getting the offers but as a long time square customer, just honestly frustrated. 

Message 46 of 89

So I put in for a loan and got a week and half it says in review. Does that mean I am turned down for it? 

Message 47 of 89
Super Seller

Have you tried to email them? I have always had a same day response. The last loan did take 4 business days to hit my account but approved in 2 hrs. I wonder if there was a glitch or issue not on your end but theirs. I would send them an email and tell them you are pending approval for a few days and see if it pushes it along. 

Message 48 of 89

So I put in for a loan a week and half ago and it still says in review. Am I turned down or how long does it take to get an answer back

Message 49 of 89

Hi yes I totally agree with you. We would feel better if they gave us some kind of direct answer as to why we’re not offered another loan. It’s been over a year for me. I’m really thinking about going back to PayPal. 

Message 50 of 89

A year!!!??? Omg, i definitely am switching to PayPal. This is ridiculous. 

Message 51 of 89

Yes and I’ve paid off 4 loans from them. I just ordered my paypal reader yesterday. I’ve also sent my family members to square that have small businesses, same issues with them... we all are going to PayPal. I use PayPal for my online store anyways. 

Message 52 of 89

@IMPACT23 Try PayPal 

Message 53 of 89

D0o I have to completely pay off my loan before I can get another one?

Message 54 of 89

Varies, but i would let your sales pay it off, dont pay off with personal funds

Message 55 of 89

Yes I agree because I paid mines off with my money, even tho I was at the end of it, I wish I wouldn’t have 

Message 56 of 89

I was just offered, and received, my 8th square loan. My previous was two weeks after completion and this one was at 79%. 

Message 57 of 89

Congrats! You’ve been here right  with us. 

Message 58 of 89

Congratulations!!! Any pointers?! I definitely am not getting an offer after two loan completions 😞 

Message 59 of 89

I honestly wish I had pointers but it seems to be different for me everytime.

I just do all my processing with square, I normally have sales 6 days a week and work hard to have repeat customers as well as getting new ones. I always invest my square loan in more inventory, or other ways I feel it can increase my sales. 

Just have faith, they are still giving loans

Message 60 of 89

@Tritter82 congratulations !! and thank you for sharing with everyone!!!  I am awaiting for another offer.  So I was glad to hear someone did get another offer

Message 61 of 89

@Tritter82 so your last 2 you had to pay completely off before they offered you another? Hmmm that's interesting. Congratulations on your offer btw. 

Message 62 of 89

@Tritter82  Any pointers on what you are using with square since you seem to keep getting offers. I use their credit card processing system and only been offered 1 loan 

Message 63 of 89