x

Haven't used my Square Reader in 2 years

I haven't used my Square Reader in 2 years and plan to use it again at a holiday boutique in two days.  I updated my items/prices, and took a look at my bank account page.  The correct numbers are there and it says "Status: Verified".  Do I need to place a test deposit to make sure it is going to work properly?  Or is the "status: verified" a confirmation that it's going to work?  I would really appreciate a quick reply from someone. I don't want to have a problem this Saturday.  Thanks much.
Mary - Los Angeles, CA

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

If it was working when you last used it and the bank accounts are still correct you should have no issue.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @MLippold! As @VanKalkerFarms mentioned it sounds like you're all set!

I would also suggest that the Point of Sale app is up to date on your device. Head to the App Store/Google Play Store to check for an update, and I'd also recommend making sure the software on your device is up to date too. 

You could do a card $1 test transaction (and refund it after) and do a $1 cash transaction so you see the difference. But do keep in mind that test transactions can't be deleted! 

And just in case, if you need another magstripe reader they are available in participating retail locations. You can use this link to find out where to buy a reader but call ahead to check they're in stock.

Best of luck with your holiday boutique! 🎉

If you have time to come back after and share any tips for sellers who haven't used Square in a while we'd really appreciate it!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 5

Do we get charged if we take a payment and then refund it?

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

You pay no fees on refunded transactions - the fees are refunded back to you too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 5 of 5