x

New Square Register Printer Compatibility Question

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing the new Square Register and have received mixed information regarding printer compatibility. I was told no Bluetooth printers are compatible with it and must be USB/Ethernet and that "only" the Star SP742ML Ethernet and the Star TSP143IIU USB are compatible with it. 

I'd like to purchase the Star TSP650II USB but again, as mentioned they only state the above 2 are compatible despite the 650ii being USB and technically i guess should work. Any feedback on what you guys have used and if the Star TSP650II USB might be compatible?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller Alumni

This is the hardware list that is compatible.  @pessosices is using the new register, Pesso what are you using for hardware?

Message 2 of 7

Thanks, i did check out that link and was also linked to another page by support that had the 650, 143ii, 143iii Star printers as compatible as well which caused confusion. 

I don’t mind getting the 143ii in the link you posted but was hoping to see if i can get the faster, better looking (in my opinion) 650ii. 

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

We use the 650 Ethernet and it works just fine, so I think the 650 USB should too!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 7

Great, thanks for your input! 

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Here's the super updated Supported Hardware for Square Register article with all of the things that work with it!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 7

We're using the Star TSP100 with the  Square Register quite successfully. It is the same printer that we had previously used with the Square Stand.  My only issue is that the Square Register occasionally forgets the printer and I have to redefine it.  Now I wonder if that's a compatibility issue.  But when it's working it is great.

Bob Harris

Message 7 of 7