x

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

Feature Request: Allow my client to pay for multiple appointments in one transaction

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

I recently did a soft launch of my business. I tried to close out my appointments and process them all under one ticket but quickly realized this was not possible. In my business model, I can go to a location with multiple contractors. Each contractor can have 1 to many services booked for the day. I need the ability to check out, add multiple appointments to one ticket, and charge that payment to one customer. - Example 1: Jane gets her cut by John, her makeup done by Carol, and her hair styled by Miguel. Jane is just one customer and should not have to process her card 3 different times. - Example 2: John gets his hair done by Max, his beard trimmed by Joe, and decides he wants to pay for Jane's bill in example one. In addition, there is a contractor attached to each service and they get a 70% commission and so this needs to be tracked accordingly for payroll. Currently, I do not see a way to do this. So I figured I'd post here to see what my options may be... This is a big problem for my business model. Thank you in advance for your help and guidance. JenVerg

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can one client pay for another client I instead of paying separately

Ah, so you're asking if it's possible to pay for two appointments in one card swipe.

This feature has been requested by others in this thread so I've moved your post here - thanks for letting us know how it would benefit your customers. I circled back and this is currently still a feature request. We'll update this thread if we hear any updates!

Verified Answer

Re: Appointments Application: How do I checkout and include multiple appointments on one ticket?

Hi @JenVerg, thanks for your post. At this time it's not possible to check out multiple Appointments at the same time, you will need to check out one appointment at a time. 

I understand that this isn't ideal for your business model but I'm glad you let us know how you'd like to use Square Appointments. I'll share this feedback with our Appointments team and it will help them to prioritize which features to build next! 

133 Comments
Square Community Moderator

@GGLBarbershop That's definitely one of the more popular reasons for this feature request. I don't have any new updates unfortunately, but thanks for being patient with us and hopefully we can get something implemented to help with this soon. 

We'll keep advocating to get this re-prioritized with our Appointments team for you, so keep the feedback and business needs coming. 

Hi, I run a mobile pet service, and we invoice at the end of the month. We’ve been using square (itself, not the appointments section) since June, so very well versed in the regular functionality.

However, with the appointments portion now functioning in Canada, we would like to transition completely over.

Can anyone tell me, if it’s possible, can I sign out multiple appointments at once for a single invoice at the end of the month?

(Basically I want to check in all my clients when the service happens, but only check out on the last day of the month, so all services are invoiced as a lump sum).

I am looking forward to the loyalty program becoming available, as we currently offer the fourth set of nail trims free for clients.

Id also love to know when/if there’s a way to check in/track no shows vs cancellations and some other “salon” features.

The flexibility of square is nice, as it can cover multiple areas of my business (there is no one app for pet services, instead a scheduling app, and then having to have a separate processing app, and often, this causes confusion or extra unnecessary steps).

TIA!!

Admin

Hello @KeesHoldingsLTD and thanks for considering Square Appointments!

At this time isn't a way to select multiple appointments and check them out all at once. But you can follow the steps below to add additional services to a single appointment. In your case you do this from the final appointment of the month: 

1. Open a client's current appointment from Calendar section of the app.
  2. Tap Review and Checkout.
  3. Tap Add Service to enter the other services you performed. 
  4. Tap Charge to process the card payment or record the payment as cash. 

I know this might not be ideal for your current set up as you'll have to look up or make a note of the client's past services - which you can do from the Clients section of the app or Dashboard. 

As for your questions about tracking cancellations and no-shows, there isn't a single report for this but you can view no shows/cancellations from your clients list

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions about Appointments let us know! 

@Helen  then that’s really no different than what I’m doing on my I calendar. I make the appointment for the client and then at the end of the month I search their name to see how many times I was there. We invoice at the end of each month to make it a larger lump sum for our clients. It would be nice if there was someway to make this happen. I like using Square because of the interface and the ease of use but it might mean that I have to go to something like Time To Pet (a pet sitting based app for tracking appointments)

Admin

Hi again @KeesHoldingsLTD, I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry not to have a better solution to offer you. I'll share your feedback with the Appointments team, we're always working to improve features based on your input. Thanks again for posting to let us know what you need! 

This would be very beneficial to those of us who are hairstylists using the appointment feature. This is not only convientent for the customer at check out but also when we are using the marketing features. Right now I have to either ring up multiple transactions with their card to have tracking of frequency of clients or charge all services under 1 person and make it look like the other family member was a no show. For book keeping and marketing reasons this feature needs to be added to Square appointments. 

Beta Member

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "how can you combine charges into only on payment at check out time?" The author has been notified via email.

I have two Hair dresser working  on Mon/daughter services at my Hair Salon at time of check out I end up making two transactions 'cause I dont know how to combine two charges and assigned stylist accordingly. 

I also run a massage therapy business.  I will often have a husband and wife come in for appointments and want to pay for both at the same time.  To handle this right now, I add a service to one appointment in order to have the total, and then record a $0.00 payment for the other appointment.  Not the greatest of solutions, and it messes up the business stats, but it works for me at the moment.  I really hope the option to combine payments becomes available soon!

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "Is there a way to check out two customers in one transaction?" The author has been notified via email.

I have families that come in together and instead of doing them all separately, or just putting it all under one name and then not having record for who did what. If it’s possible that would help out so much.

This reply was created from merging an existing thread:  How to do one checkout transaction with 2 separate customer appointments?

I own a grooming business and many customers bring 2 animals for grooming on the same day - I put them into the system as 2 different customers (animal names) so the groomer can put in separate notes for each and there may be a possibility for the animals to come separately in the future so I don't want them to always be linked to each other.  However, when the owner checks out, I want to do one (1) transaction with one payment instead of 2 separate transactions - is there a way to do this in the Appointment app using the checkout option?  If not, is there another way to do any kind of workaround so the customer doesn't have to do two separate payments?