x

How can I find out who my best customers are?

I would like to have a report of who my best customers are like who spends the most with my business.

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @312jenlyn, great question!

If you're using Customer Engagement, I'd recommend having a look at your "Regulars Group" which includes customers that visited your business three times in the last six months. You can also adjust the settings of this group by clicking Actions > Edit Group in your directory. Learn more about this in our Support Center.

Hope this helps and, of course, please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @312jenlyn, great question!

If you're using Customer Engagement, I'd recommend having a look at your "Regulars Group" which includes customers that visited your business three times in the last six months. You can also adjust the settings of this group by clicking Actions > Edit Group in your directory. Learn more about this in our Support Center.

Hope this helps and, of course, please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 23
Beta Member

@Tom I am also wondering about this. For example, how can I find a list of customers sorted by sales? Or number of visits? Or average transaction size? The only way I found was to export customers into Excel. Am I missing something?

Message 3 of 23

Hello @square_marc, currently we do not have the ability to sort by sales, visits, or transaction size.

It sounds like you've already found the one work around I was going to suggest. 

If you still have questions, feel free to reach out to me! 😀

Message 4 of 23

Last year, Square sent me an e-mail about this. I remember clicking on the link and I was able to see my customers in ranking order by sales. Was that maybe a feature that existed last year but has since been deleted? It was not a paid service or trial.

Message 5 of 23
Admin

Thanks for surfacing this, @ggfgourmet. I went to check on this and I wasn't able to find more information on the email campaign that you mentioned. Is there any chance you still have it saved in your archives? If you have any other details on the subject line, content, or URL that it linked out to, I'll be happy to have another look!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 6 of 23

Yes, I found it! I tried the links, but they get a 404 now. 😞 The e-mail came from Square Reports with a subject line of “Your year at a glance”

I was hoping to access this info to gift my top customers this year. The e-mail came on 1/3/18.

It gave me total sales, number of customers served, average trans, best day of the week, customer stats (link: https://squareup.com/subscriptions/r?ee=4b22d6cbeddec3f132c7883a020c50072e6808a47c9497f2295a1d10--ZD...) and top customer info. 

Message 7 of 23

[personal information redacted]

288DE5BF-1E38-46A7-8E0D-E27615359DAC.jpeg

497E14F4-220E-446F-B39C-E5CDDB5816D5.jpeg

401C56FB-3853-4B87-8479-FB6421618719.jpeg

Screen shots of the e-mail.

Message 8 of 23
Admin

Got it. Thanks for helping with this information, @ggfgourmet. Very helpful. I don't have specifics on hand for if this campaign will go out again next year, but I'll surface this internally and circle back with any other information that I can find.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 9 of 23

I just got my summary email for 2018, and it lists the stats for my best customer, but when I click on "meet your best customer" it takes my to a page that no longer exists. Is there a way for be to get this information without subscribing to more services?

Message 10 of 23
Super Seller

@tewsfamily, I was just looking at that too and mine also didn't work.

@katieand any idea why the links aren't working?

The pics below are from our mobile farmer's market location and clicking the link in the pic below brings up the following error message.

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 7.56.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 7.54.55 AM.png

Message 11 of 23
Alumni

Hi @tewsfamily & @VanKalkerFarms - This link is broken right now 😞 I'm looking in to this and will share any updates as soon as I learn more. Thanks for catching this! 

Message 12 of 23
Alumni

@tewsfamily - I just got confirmation that this should be fixed now! Let me know if you continue seeing anything funky. Apologies again about that

Message 13 of 23

@katieand Unfortunately, my link is still broken. It makes me log into my Square account, then I receive the message "Page not found. We couldn't find that page."

Any more ideas? The e-mail must have generated from some sort of database of information, but it's not linking it.

Thank you,

Jen @ggfgourmet

Message 14 of 23

@Tom just wondering if you found out anything about this? I don't know if you and @katieand work together but it would be so helpful to access this information (received via e-mail for year ending 2018 but the link for top customer doesn't work; I haven't checked the rest of the links).

Thank you,

Jen of @ggfgourmet 

Message 15 of 23
Super Seller

Message 16 of 23

I'm getting the same error messages when I click on the link for this. Just wanted to follow this thread, hopefully it's fixed at some point!

Message 17 of 23
Admin

Hey @Vj1210, @VanKalkerFarms, and @ggfgourmet—I'm really sorry for the disruption this is causing. I went to check on the status of this issue and there are a few more remaining tangles that need to be sorted out. Some sellers might encounter the error message until our Engineering Team is able to finalize the fix.

I'm keeping an eye on this internally and it looks like they're closing in. We'll update this thread as soon as everything is fully resolved.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 18 of 23
Admin

Update: our Engineering Team was able to fully resolve the broken link issue. 🎉

You should be redirected to the correct page where you can view your top customer insights. Please don't hesitate to let us know if any questions remain, and thank you for your patience. 😅

️ Tom | he/him
Message 19 of 23

Are there any plans to add a report option to look at customers by total sales and # of visits?

This would be a very important report for my business.  Other's too I'm guessing by the other comments over the past several years on this post.

Not having this leaves a big gap in our ability to effectively market.

Message 20 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Ramat 👋 Thanks for reaching out and adding your voice here to the Seller Community. Happy to have you!

While we don't offer the specific feature of classifying customers by total purchase, you may be interested in our Customer Insights tab from the Directory on the Online Dashboard. This report will give you deeper analytics concerning return of visits, customer engagement, and more.

In the meantime, feel free to drop any more helpful suggestions and I will be happy to pass them along to our Product Teams!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 21 of 23