x

Shipping for Square Invoices

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "THERE IS NO SHIPPING Service FOR INVOICES"

Please do not waste your time with all the Shipping Nonsense ,     This is only for On LINE STORES .

If you send an invoice out to your client and they pay, there is no way to ship , 

There is no work around,     There is no direct answer from Square ,  Its is for NULL AN VOID.

I have spent countless hours, please do not waste your time

The PLUS program also is not going to help you with the Shipping . 

Please do not waste your money on that. 

So you cannot use any Shipping Service such as Shippo .

You cannot mark  your invoice as shipped .      

This has been very Frustrating for many as well as the hoops we have been asked to try.   

Message 1 of 240
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @phantomrain @LizS1 @DLRosenberg Appreciate all the insights. We have recently launched invoices x shipping. The option to create an Order for shipping is now an option when you are creating an Invoice. You can still request a buyer's shipping address like before. Once an invoice is paid, you can purchase a shipping label through Square, or add a manual tracking number. Check out https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/8080-set-up-shipping-for-square-invoices?utm_medium=web&utm_... to learn more! Thanks so much.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 240
239 REPLIES 239

The only problem with this is that Sqaure addes it to the gross sales, It is not a sale that I pay income on it is collected for the USPS so at tax time that amount should be separated from gross sales in the reports, It is hard to explain to the groverment that your reports of income are incorrect. Your reports are not very helpful in reporting correct amounts for any kind of bookkeeping

Message 127 of 240
Admin

@SSack @irened There isn't a way to add a unique shipping charge to an Invoice (you can only do this by creating an Item and calling it 'Shipping' ) but I see how that would be very useful, especially for your reporting and even more so at tax time. I'll pass your request to be able to separate shipping charges from gross sales to our Invoices team. Thanks for letting us know what you're looking for! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 128 of 240

Thank you all tax reports given to government are to be correct so the gross amount should reflect what I sell only . You charge fees on tax and item cost so there should be a line item for shipping like sales tax that breaks it out from the gross you still would make the same in fees but this would produce a correct report 

Message 129 of 240
Super Seller

the 1099-k has Your gross sales which include all you collected thru Square credit card transactions like item sales,  sales tax, and shipping.  when you file your taxes your accountant will have line items for these expenses.

Message 130 of 240
Admin

I hear you! Thanks for this information, the additional context is useful! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 131 of 240

You need a way to add shipping charges after the total and not have to include it in the merchandise total.  I know I can add it as a line item but when I do this when offering a discount to my customer then I am forced to discount the shipping as well which I definitely don't want to do.  The way it is set up is clumsy and shipping also should not be included in sales tax rate for my state so that is another reason it needs to be able to add it after the total for the merchandise and taxes. 

Message 132 of 240

I guess I'll use PayPal instead. They have the shipping included after taxes and discounts which is where it needs to be. You're losing business because of this. 

Message 133 of 240
Alumni

Hey @macsnood - Thank you for the useful feedback here. We're continuously sharing the posts here with our Invoices team.

In the meantime, we encourage all of our Sellers to do what's in the best interest of their business even if it means moving away from our products. If you decide to switch, we wish you continued growth and success!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 134 of 240

Does this mean it will be included as part of your “sales”? 

Message 135 of 240
Alumni

@Eametzger - if you're referring to adding the shipping fee into the item price as @Helen suggested above, then yes, it'll be included in your sales report. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 136 of 240

Is there a way to have shipping appear automatically on square invoices?

Not the shipping charges, just a line similar to tax, that is automatic with

$0.00 as price. then if I need to add shipping charge I can do so quickly?

thanks

Message 137 of 240
Admin

Hey @painfree, thanks for surfacing. Right now, there isn't a way to enable a shipping charge (similar to tax) or change the invoice template. For now, @Sean's suggestion is the best work-around.

I'll share your experience with our product liaison team. Keep in touch for updates!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 138 of 240

I added a new product "shipping" and assigned the shipping price.  Now everytime I hit shipping it gives me the same price and shipping is different on each order.  This is a sucky system, I too will go back to Pay Pal until this gets fixed.  Come on guys, do not make us leave you for such a silly little quirk.

Message 139 of 240
Square

@smozer3 - If you leave the price field blank, it will prompt you to enter an amount when you add it to a sale on Square Register. Would this help?

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 140 of 240

Sean,

Right now for many of us who ship and may invoice, problems revolve around adding shipping to invoices and making shipping fees destination sensitive.

Some have created elaborate work arounds to address these but they are not foolproof.

You mention that these issues have been referred to some team; any way we can be brought up to spped realtime on these issues?

Oops, new issue: Square canceled an order which I had already shipped. Any way to reactivate charge?

Message 141 of 240
Square

Sorry to hear about the order, @mtree. Check out my posts in this thread for next steps. 

Message 142 of 240

On my store's checkout page, postage is added to items, but with the invoice it is not. How do I add postage fees on the invoice?

Message 143 of 240
Square

@Toni Check out Tom's answer above! 

Message 144 of 240

I am >this< close to switching to a different payment provider because I cannot request a shipping address on an invoice. I do my business 100% using invoices and not asking for a shipping address is adding an extra step for a customer as well as myself by requesting them to email me their address.

And, what is the main point of invoicing? To request payment from someone who is not at POS. The next logical step is to ship the product. How can we ship if we do not have shipping info. 

Are there any good options out there? I'm thinking Paypal, but their reports system is a disaster compared to Square. 

Message 145 of 240
Square

@LLRJackie I hear you! We have absolutely heard this request before and take these very seriously. I'll share your request with our Product Liaison team and I'll share any updates as I get them. 

In the meantime, check out Sean's answer above for a workaround. 

Message 146 of 240

Thanks Kelli, I already have a line item for shipping (what Sean suggested). I need to request shipping addresses from my customers. Thank you!

Message 147 of 240