x

Is square compatible with Google Pixel XL Phone?

Is square compatible with Google Pixel XL Phone?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @anthonytallen and welcome to the Seller Community! It's great seeing a new face. 👋  As for your question, taking a look at our compatibility page, it looks like the Google Pixel XL will work with the standard Square Reader, as well as the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Square

Best Answer

Hi @anthonytallen and welcome to the Seller Community! It's great seeing a new face. 👋  As for your question, taking a look at our compatibility page, it looks like the Google Pixel XL will work with the standard Square Reader, as well as the Square Contactless and Chip Card Reader. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 10

Did you fix the Pixel 2XL issue? I can't process payments, either with the USB C extender and the swiper or the contactless & chip reader.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Hey @DayTripperDiva, are you still encountering the payment issue? I went to check on this and the Google Pixel XL should still be good to go with both the magstripe and contactless and chip readers. These troubleshooting tips usually resolve any reader/app issues.

Feel free to reply here with more details on what's happening or let our Support Team know — they'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

I believe this commenter was referring to the newer Google Pixel 2 XL. I am also having a problem in that my Google Pixel 2 XL does not recognize that I have connected the magsripe reader with the USB-C - 3.5mm adapter.

Message 5 of 10

Hello @jamesandapril, we've had some reports of USB-C issues with the Pixel 2 XL on other threads. 

In most cases our Square Magstripe Reader Troubleshooting steps solve this issue. If you're still having trouble, I recommend reaching out to the Support Team like @Tom mentioned. 

Message 6 of 10

Just bought the Google Pixel XL phone, and my square reader does not fit, the pin is too big. Someone suggested to look for an adaptor. Anyone knows?

Message 7 of 10

Hello @gunda! Officially we don't support third party adapters, but I think this USB-C Digital to 3.5 mm headphone adapter might be what you're looking for.

I don't know if this adapter is compatible with the Square Magstripe Reader, but if you're willing to give it a try please let us know how it goes! 

Message 8 of 10

Having the same issue. Any answers for you?

Message 9 of 10
Admin

Hi @tlkenney, if you can't connect the magstripe reader you could consider getting a Contacless and Chip Card reader which pairs to your device over Bluetooth LE. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 10