x

Square and Schedulicity fees

Can anyone clear up the Square and Schedulicity fees?

On the Square site is says:

Square’s fee for payments processed through Schedulicity is 2.9% + $0.30.

On the Schedulicity site is says: 

If you swipe a card through the Schedulicity + Square integration, Square's swiped/dipped/tapped payment fee would apply. If you key it in, like when you’re taking the card number over the phone, for example, it’s 2.9% + $0.30.

Is there the extra percentage fee + .30 on the swipe/chip if you use Schedulicity and Square? Which is it? 

Thanks 🙂 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Thanks for that @MakSalonSpa

When they mention accepting a payment "through" Schedulicity, it refers to when you accept a payment for a booked service directly from your appointment calendar online.

That would incur the fee mentioned on the Square website of 2.9% + 30 cents (which is also the same rate for eCommerce integrations in general). 

So long as you accept the payment in person using Swipe, Dip, or Tap, you'll have the normal fee rate that you're used to with Square.

This video goes into details about the integration:

How to Enable Square - Try Schedulicity's Online Scheduling Software for FREE

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Message 2 of 7

Hi @MakSalonSpa

Can you point me to the Square page that you're seeing this pricing information? I'm not able to find it on my end. 

Schedulicity would be the best place to get clarification, so I recommend checking in with them directly. But if we're reflecting this information on our pages, I can definitely double check this for you. 

Message 3 of 7

Here is the link to take you to the Square page that states their

fees. Thanks for any clarification. 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6157

Message 4 of 7

Best Answer

Thanks for that @MakSalonSpa

When they mention accepting a payment "through" Schedulicity, it refers to when you accept a payment for a booked service directly from your appointment calendar online.

That would incur the fee mentioned on the Square website of 2.9% + 30 cents (which is also the same rate for eCommerce integrations in general). 

So long as you accept the payment in person using Swipe, Dip, or Tap, you'll have the normal fee rate that you're used to with Square.

This video goes into details about the integration:

How to Enable Square - Try Schedulicity's Online Scheduling Software for FREE

Message 5 of 7

Thanks for clarification. Square might want to clarify that on their site as well. 

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the feedback @MakSalonSpa

We can definitely be more clear around that, so I let our Content team know about this. Thanks for flagging it to us. 

Message 7 of 7