x

For some reason I am not getting emails from Square. Any suggestions? All of my settings are correct

For some reason I am not getting emails from Square. Any suggestions? All of my settings are correct

Message 1 of 19
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

I have had the same issue the past three days. I just got off the phone with support and they said the emails they sent were "bounced back". They were able to reset the system so future emails should go through. Their number is 855-700-6000, it was a short wait time of about 5 minutes. Hope this helps.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
Alumni

Best Answer

If you are not receiving email notifications, check your notification settings on the Square Dashboard to make sure you have selected to receive these notifications.

If you have not received a confirmation email, and your email notification settings are properly selected, check your spam folder or other email filters and add noreply@messaging.squareup.com to your list of contacts.

If, after checking your spam folder and other email filters, you still cannot locate the notification emails, reach out to our team with the following information:

- Specify which notification emails you are not receiving (payment and/or deposit).
- Approximate date you stopped receiving notification emails.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Best Answer

I have had the same issue the past three days. I just got off the phone with support and they said the emails they sent were "bounced back". They were able to reset the system so future emails should go through. Their number is 855-700-6000, it was a short wait time of about 5 minutes. Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 19

As of the 29th of January I no longer receive any emails from Square. I no longer receive daily sales reports, cash drawer reports or deposit notifications. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 3 of 19

I am still receiving emails. That is very odd especially since I'm sure you haven't changed your settings.

Message 4 of 19

I'm no longer getting mine either, yet according to my settings I still should be. 

Message 5 of 19
Alumni

Hi @ChuckS & @ErinEK - Take a look at @EricT's best answer above. You may need to call in to Support like he suggested. The wait time is pretty short right now. 

Let us know if you need more help!

Message 6 of 19

Hi @katieand,

I have seen several people complain about this issue recently.  Can you expand on the concept that emails from multiple people suddenly "bounced" back and they need to "reset" something?  Sounds very much like an email server problem on the part of Square.  

Message 7 of 19
Alumni

I don't know a lot about it, but it looks like we had a few people discussing the same difficulty and Chad addressed. He heard from the team: "We were experiencing some issues with delivering emails to some hosts." Seems account specific so that's why we suggest calling in!

Message 8 of 19

And that is fine.  But to tell people that it is because they got a bounced email from a customer makes them think it was their fault and not square.  Why can't sqaure just be truthful?  All we want as customer is the truth.  Trust me, we can handle it.  Can you?

Message 9 of 19

Called support, they reset it. Work fine now. Thanks for the help.

Message 10 of 19

How can you call support  2 hours ago and get your issue resolved when they are closed on Saturday? I just called and the recording said offices are closed. 

Message 11 of 19

Called Friday, waited until today just to make sure the emails came through 

Message 12 of 19

OK. I understand. Thanks for the reply.

Message 13 of 19
Admin

Hello @MTM! As phone support is only available Monday-Friday (6am-6pm PT) I went ahead and asked our Support team to look into this for you. They'll be in touch by email soon!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 14 of 19

This started happening to me a week ago, ten months never a problem. Square support has not helped. I’ve called three times and still not receiving my end of day reports.  Square acts like GM now, never heard of the problem and always customers fault

Message 15 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @userchag. I'm so sorry to hear of your poor contacts with our Support Team. Not at all the type of experience we would want for you.

I would love the opportunity for us to be able to try again with you here to resolve this issue. Let me know if I can have our Support Team reach out to you again - I will be keeping an eye out for your reply. 

Joe
Message 16 of 19
Alumni

Best Answer

If you are not receiving email notifications, check your notification settings on the Square Dashboard to make sure you have selected to receive these notifications.

If you have not received a confirmation email, and your email notification settings are properly selected, check your spam folder or other email filters and add noreply@messaging.squareup.com to your list of contacts.

If, after checking your spam folder and other email filters, you still cannot locate the notification emails, reach out to our team with the following information:

- Specify which notification emails you are not receiving (payment and/or deposit).
- Approximate date you stopped receiving notification emails.

Justin
Message 17 of 19

I am having the same issue and square has not been able to fix the issue with my account. I had orders working just fine with confirmation emails coming through until March 19th and an order on March 28th all of a sudden no confirmation order for myself or the customer and these confirmations started coming through which are not what I want or have created. Cannot seem to change them either. Very frustrating!

Message 18 of 19

Ticket sales order confirmation now.png

Message 19 of 19