x

Can the square show me how many customers clicked "No tip option"? (and not just skipped tip?)

Hello! Is there an option for square to show me exactly the % of people (or a number of people) who actually clicked "No Tip" Option (rather than just skipped the system without choosing the no tip option?) 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you have your system set up to have a separate tipping screen (on the app, settings-> tipping, scroll to the bottom), your customer has to tap a tip option before getting to a receipt/signature screen. Without the separate tip screen, yes, your customer can bypass the tips without tapping.

My guess is (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you're wondering if people are missing the tips at the top of the screen. The easiest way to solve that is to put the separate tip screen into use.

As for your question, I haven't found a report that shows specific taps of tip options. Your daily sales report email will give you your tip percentage over the entire day, but I don't believe there's a way to see who tapped the No Tip button.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you have your system set up to have a separate tipping screen (on the app, settings-> tipping, scroll to the bottom), your customer has to tap a tip option before getting to a receipt/signature screen. Without the separate tip screen, yes, your customer can bypass the tips without tapping.

My guess is (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that you're wondering if people are missing the tips at the top of the screen. The easiest way to solve that is to put the separate tip screen into use.

As for your question, I haven't found a report that shows specific taps of tip options. Your daily sales report email will give you your tip percentage over the entire day, but I don't believe there's a way to see who tapped the No Tip button.

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

How do you get the tip screen to show up? Under options I don’t have the option to do that from what I can see.

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

Hi @MarksBarbershop !

The way to the tip setting has changed since my initial answer.

On your Point of Sale, tap More -> Settings -> Checkout -> Tipping.

You can configure your tip screen however you feel fit. Also, the tip screen is automatically a secondary screen from the signature screen now (if you still have signatures enabled: the CC companies aren't requiring them anymore).

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4