x

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Beta Member

Feature Request: Merge invoices to allow customers to make a single payment for multiple invoices

Title changed from "invoice HELP" to "Is there a way to see all of one customer's invoices together?" 

Do you think Square will make invoices where you can see all of one customers invoices together? I would like the option to see all of their invoices on their square profile. That way they can pay their full balance together, instead of seperate. They also need more options under the invoice feature. More detailed reports and more. With a couple of updates to invoices, it would be a great feature! Do not currently use because of this!!! 

1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Create report of payments due and export as a list?

Let's see if this would work for you, @ericinLA!

From your Dashboard > InvoicesReports. You can select up to 10 invoices for a customer and send a customer statement.

Locate the customer, then click the three dots to the far right of that line > select Send reminders

This will allow you to include up to 10 outstanding invoices in 1 email, and your customer can click each link to pay.
This is an example of what your customer will see:

Let me know if this is more what you are looking to do!  

132 Comments
Beta Member

Need work around ASAP. Please get the team working on it. 

Super Seller Alumni

If you view your invoices through the Dashboard you can filter by the customer.  It doesn't give you a total but it allows you to see all the invoices. If you highlight the data on the screen you can copy and paste it into a spreadsheet and create a statement. If you have a client, as we do, that you invoice regularly I would encourage them to save their card to "Card on File" this will allow the invoice to be paid as they are created.  Makes it easy for everyone.  

You can also check out some of the third party invoicing apps.

Invoice feature is a new feature to Square so I am sure many changes and improvements will come.

I understand one cannot take a partial invoice payment, so I would like to create three invoices for my clients so I can track what is due.  What if a client wants to pay all three at once?  Can I do this with one swipe, or do I have to process three swipes.  I actually wouldn't swipe three times, I would instead edit one of the invoices, swipe it once and delete the other invoices.  Still more work than I want to do.  Thoughts?

Super Seller

You cannot pay multiple invoices at one time.

Beta Member

You said you can't see a total in your above comment. So there is no way to run a client report to see how much they spent with us for a time frame? End of year? Nothing?

Thanks

Super Seller Alumni

If you look at open invoices that have not been paid you can not get a total due without calculating it manually.  

You can see what the customer has spent by looking up the customer.  However, this will ONLY give you a total of sales that are paid for.  Any open invoices will not reflect in this total until paid.

Beta Member

Since its an invoice client it does not show any totals if I look it up under customer. The restaurant name comes up but shows no sales.

Super Seller Alumni

Correct, until it is paid it will not show up.

Beta Member

Need the capability to merge a customers invoices so they can pay all together. We create separate invoices so we can use the ticket feature and print the bill for our florist. 

Beta Member

Please help!