x

How to sell ecard in store

How do I sell an e-card in store? Customer wants to pay cash for an e-card.   Thank you 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Nicola

Welcome to the Seller Community 🙌🏼

eGift Cards are only available through that dedicated web link. 

While you could in theory order the eGift Card online for them, it would essentially be you completing the online order on behalf of your customer.

Have you looked into Square Physical Gift Cards? It might be the solution you're looking for. 

Message 2 of 9

Thank you. Yes, we sell the physical gift cards, but had 2 customers wanting to send ecards and to pay with cash. 

Message 3 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@Nicola Thanks for clarifying. Maybe try adding the link to your eGift Cards page on your receipts? That might make it easier for customers to purchase them after an in-store transaction. 

Message 4 of 9

An example would be that we would like to split a bottle of wine between guests at the same table.  Is there any way to do that?

Message 5 of 9

Hello @Nicola, you can split a bottle of wine into multiple payments!

It's pretty easy too! Once you have the item in your cart tap charge on Square Point of Sale and you will see the option to split in the top right corner. You can then add multiple cards to the ticket by hitting the plus symbol in the top right corner. 

Initially Square Point of Sale will split the payment evenly, but you can adjust the amount charged to each card by tapping on the amount. I found a short example video you can check out below. 

Cheers! 🍷

Message 6 of 9

Hi, 

Are you are to spilt and item cost across two or more tabs?  We have a drink that can be shared at $24 and people would like to spilt the cost across three customers tabs.  Is this possible?   

Message 7 of 9

How can I print a bill that is being spilt three ways evenly before running a credit card?  

Message 8 of 9

Hello @Potatobear! I went ahead and merged your thread with this one since a similar question was asked. Check out how to split payments in my answer on the first page! 

Currently we don't have an option to split the bill and print separate receipts prior to running the customers cards, but I'll pass that feedback along to our Open Tickets Team. 

You can print one receipt for the ticket prior to payment. You'll see the print option when you click on the ticket! 

Message 9 of 9