I recently upgraded and published my website and have pointed our existing domain at it, so we are completely live.
However, some of my colleagues are going on the website and finding that on some pages the formatting is completely broken. Some text boxes are paragraphed for some reason, some letters are cut off, some team boxes are different sizes and the fonts are different sizes and cases.
I don't understand why the formatting isn't the same on all computers regardless.
Please help. I need to sort this out ASAP!
Do you know what browsers or devices it isn't working on? It looks just fine for me.
It appears broken on older monitors or people with perhaps different browser settings are seeing strange formatting. The particular problem is the 'Team' page. On my monitor it looks fine, but on the computers it isn't working on, all the pictures are different sizes and the fonts are not consistent.
On mobile, even if I reduce the font size of some aspects, a lot of words are cut off halfway through and paragraphed. It looks really bad. For instance, on the home page, if you scroll to 'Services we provide' or the address/phone details at the bottom, they look like this:
The same is true of some of the titles on the pages (look at the Development Consultancy page on mobile).
Please let me know how I can fix it.
Also - I have tried changing the Chrome tab window icon thing to our logo but it still shows up as the Weebly 'W'. How can I change this?
Strangely, it looks fine to me in Chrome. Is it an older version of Chrome?
Perhaps - but shouldn't it look the same on all browsers?
And what about the mobile issues I mentioned?
I suspect that's a by-product of using the columns-lock app. The mobile styling used by our themes anticipates that columns will stack so there will be certain amount of room for text to fit. With the columns forced to stay it makes the area for the text to fit pretty narrow and the text is forced to wrap mid-word. That would probably be pretty difficult to fix with CSS unless you made the text really tiny.
Unfortunately column lock fixed some of the problems that were appearing on older monitors/browsers, but removing it has fixed the mobile view issue.
The only issue I can currently see that remains is on the mobile page, if you go to the 'Development Consultancy' page the 't' in the title is cut off. I have tried making the text smaller but it makes no difference.
You might try using something like the Hide app:
You could keep the current headline text in one element set to display on desktop, then in another one add a title or text element sized appropriately for mobile.