x

Why am I being charged a processing fee if I have free processing?

I have $1000 free processing. I get and email that $450 plus was transferred to my account with no Fees and with a balance  of  $500 plus. Then this morning I receive the email that showed the breakdown you Square took $14. Plus for processing? Confused 

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Lynnsbarbie

I can provide some clarification on free processing. So when you have free processing  Square will initially take the fee when you take the payment, but the fees will be refunded at the time of your deposit. If you check your Deposit Report it will show the fees added back to your deposit! 

If you still have questions feel free to let me know! 😀

View Best Answer >

Message 17 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

I used a friends referral and thought the first 1,000 in transactions were free. However, I'm gettIn charged fees? Not sure how to contact square, the contact us link just brings me here. 

Message 2 of 24
Super Seller Alumni

The first $1000.00 in Credit Sales are free. So after you sell (with a credit card) $1000.00 you will start paying the Square processing fee. Hope this helps.

Message 3 of 24

What can I do to get it free again 

Message 4 of 24

Is anyone there to answer my question 

Message 5 of 24
Super Seller

Only your first $1000 in transactions is processed without fees if you've signed up from a friend's referral. You can, however, receive that benefit again if someone signs up through your referral code.

When you invite friends to join Square, you both benefit from reimbursed card processing fees. For each person who activates their account through your referral link, you’ll receive reimbursements on processing fees up to $1,000 in sales over the next 180 days (6 months). Upon activation, your friends will also receive $1,000 in free processing.

From https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5209-square-s-free-processing-program

Message 6 of 24

I have referred several of my team with a new referral code each time. I have over $2000 in "free use" but I am still being charged. 

Message 7 of 24

Hello @Lilcassers, have you made sure to check that your free processing is still active? Free processing expires after 180 days. You can check your balance on your Square Dashboard. Once you sign in head to Account & Settings and then click on Get Free Processing. You'll then see your free processing amount at the bottom under your rewards. 

Please let me know if you need help finding this section? 

Message 8 of 24

Hi Chad!

So, even if I send out codes, I will no longer receive free processing after 180 days? I am past 180.

Message 9 of 24

Hey @Lilcassers, so if you refer a friend today your account will be credited $1,000 dollars in free processing. You'll have 180 calendar days to use the free processing. 

You can learn more about Square's Free Processing Program on our Support Center! 

Message 10 of 24

I signed up for Square under another person as a referral. Was told I would not have processing fees for first $1000 but am getting charged anyway. 

Message 11 of 24
Super Seller

Message 12 of 24

Thank you

Message 13 of 24

thank you

Message 14 of 24

I referred someone and i am not getting free processing

Message 15 of 24
Alumni

Hi and welcome @Nicolemaddog202 - please see @Chad's Best Answer here in the thread you posted into. If this doesn't help answer your question, please get in touch with us directly by logging into your Square account and heading here.

You can also learn more about Square's referral program by peeking at this page!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 16 of 24

Best Answer

Hello @Lynnsbarbie

I can provide some clarification on free processing. So when you have free processing  Square will initially take the fee when you take the payment, but the fees will be refunded at the time of your deposit. If you check your Deposit Report it will show the fees added back to your deposit! 

If you still have questions feel free to let me know! 😀

Message 17 of 24

I refered my friend with my link and she got an email confirmation about the promotion however when I check my rewards I am still not eligible for free processing, how long does it take to apply for my account

Message 18 of 24

Hello @Willmari1223, you should see your free processing update shortly afterwards.

If it still hasn't populated, please feel free to reach out to me. 

Message 19 of 24

Over the past two days I noticed that I am getting charged processing fees. Earlier this week my free processing ran out so I immediately talked to one of my team members and gave her my referral link to sign up under. Does this usually take a few days after she signs up using the link or did we do something wrong? I really hope not because I have a huge fundraiser event that I am running. Please help! Thanks!

Message 20 of 24
Super Seller

fees are charged at the time of the transaction and then debited at the deposit time.

you can check your free processing status here.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/account/referrals

Message 21 of 24