x
Beta Member

When is Square actually going to create reporting that is useful to managing a business?

The title of this thread has been updated from "Square reporting"

When is Square actually going to create reporting that is useful to managing a business?

Square right now is lacking rudimentary reporting that even Shopify has and Shopify reporting sucks.

This is what happens when people who run the company don't actually use the products.

You cannot even compare product sales over a period or review product sales for a certain period in any format that's conducive to using the information to manage a business.

Want to see product sales daily and compare it to trailing same period?

No you can't do that.

Want to see daily product sales in a random order?

Yes you can do that and you get to sideways scroll.

Why would I need to scroll sideways to use the information?

Why is the daily sales items column in random order?

Why can I not restructure the order of the data based on any of the column headers?

Who the hell made these awful decisions?

They should be fired.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @RETRO,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here. We definitely want to make sure we're understanding our seller's struggles—I agree that there's no point in making something that doesn't meet the needs of our customers.

We do make incremental improvements based on seller feedback, and I'll be sure that our Point of Sale as well as Retail teams see your post.

In addition, we've partnered with a number of analytics services who may be able to surface and/or automate the metrics you need right away. To learn more, head over to the App Marketplace.

If there are any specific reports or items that you need to reconcile, please don't hesitate to let our Customer Success Team know. They'll be able to take a deeper dive into your account and offer more clarity.

I hope these resources help for now. Please let me know if there are any other concerns that I can address.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 2