x

How to opt in to SMS notifications for Square Appointments after opting out?

Accidentally opted out of the Appointments SMS notifications by replying to the messages. How do  reinstate it so I receive the notifications vis SMS??

Message 1 of 52
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Carnation-E If you still have the SMS notification, could you reply again, but this time reply with the word Start?

When you do this you should see another SMS notification that says "Welcome to Square" and start receiving SMS notifications for Appointments again! 

If you've deleted the message let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 52
51 REPLIES 51

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "I had a client accidentally opt out of the text message appointment reminders. How can she get them" The author has been notified via email.

I had a client accidentally opt out of text appointment reminders how can she get those back

Message 22 of 52

Mine too how did you fix it 

Message 23 of 52

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Accidentally unsubscribed

How to resubscribe to text message reminders for appointments?

Message 24 of 52
Admin

Hello @AEMhair1! The steps to resubscribe are in this post. If you still need help reply here to let me know. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 25 of 52

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: SMS re-activation

I created a fake appointment for my husband in order to test the sms notification of the app. He did receive it, but i unsubscribed him by responding the text « stop ». Now, he can’t receive any sms via the app. How can I un-unsubscribe him?  Thank you

Message 26 of 52

Try typing "Start". It may work...

Message 27 of 52

I’ve saved phone numbers in many of my clients accounts, however it does not seem that the system recognizes them to be used for appt reminders. Help?! 

Message 28 of 52
Admin

Hey @LindsayB! I moved your question to this thread because it sounds like maybe your clients could've opted out of receiving text notifications. 

Puka shares steps on how to check this info, and also a link to our Appointments team if you're still having trouble!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 29 of 52

I need a way to reset all text message reminders to my clients. People are accidentally opting out and then coming to me asking why they aren’t getting their reminders. No one can sit and individually reset all of their client reminders one by one.
AND I want an actual answer on how to fix this not ‘we don’t have a solution for this at the moment’- y’all get a percentage of all my money, start fixing problems and make your stuff more user friendly. 

Message 30 of 52

My client was receiving text notifications, but accidentally stopped them from coming to her phone.  Need to enable number again, so that she can receive them again.

Message 31 of 52
Alumni

Hey @stacymoore04!

By text notifications, are you referring to the notifications for digital receipts? If so, she could just pull up her last receipt and scroll to the bottom to Manage Preferences. From there, she'll be able to opt in or opt out of all Square merchant notifications.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 32 of 52

I am also having same issue. One of my client used to receive text notifications for appointments and confirmation. But not anymore

Message 33 of 52
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Ilashah! Welcome to the Community.

I moved this entire tread to another thread that has the answer on how you can opt them back in to them.

Check out @Helen's best answer on the first page. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 34 of 52

So has anyone received ACTUAL help/a link or just the same generic this has been moved check another thread...bc honestly I’m irritated at this point 

Message 35 of 52

Hi @ADuBose,

@puka listed how to opt them back in through your app in her post above.

We can't send you any sort of link ourselves because it's available on your app/dashboard. We also don't have access to account specifics here from the Community.

It's a few short steps so it should be painless!

Ashley C
Message 36 of 52

Doesn’t fix anything 👍🏼

Message 37 of 52

I assume we still haven’t gotten a correct answer on how to opt customers back in to receive sms text messages for upcoming appointments after they had opt out before and don’t have the original message anymore. If a CS agent could direct us to where we can reinstate notifications for our clients that would be nice. Pukas answer is not a correct answer for this situation. And helens answer only applies to the customer that still has the original message.

Message 38 of 52

@Jessica333 Have them try checking their Square Customer Profile here to see if they're able to re-opt in here.

Ashley C
Message 39 of 52

No. It mentions it, but there is no way to do anything with it. 

Message 40 of 52
Beta Member

Spoke with Square CS 3 seperate times. They have supposedly escalated this. I have a client that accidentally opted out, and wants back, but doesn't have any previous SMS reminders, so yea, I get your frustration.  This thread does NOT help with this particular situation and each CS member tries for 30+ minutes to solve the issue, but they don't have the option to. I understand it can be for consumer protection to not let the merchant easily add someone back into the SMS system without the client's permission,  but the client doesn't even have the option to opt back in, in their customer profile. 😤 My client just wants appointment reminders again via SMS. 

Message 41 of 52

Updating the customers phone number in their square profile  doesn’t solve the issue. They already have a phone number listed.

Message 42 of 52