x

Option to NOT print receipt

After a sale we want to be prompted to print a receipt (which I thought was an option?) Not everyone wants a receipt.

Right now receipts are printed no matter what, and I have not been able to find the setting or setting combo to prompt me to print the receipt. So many people just dont want one. Settings>Signatures & Receipt > customer signs on ipad is checked, and Skip Receipt Screen is not enabled.

Can you tell me which settings I should look at and change?

Thanks

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Check in settings->hardware->printers. I think there are settings in there to automatically print receipts. 

Message 2 of 8

Thanks for your answer. The setting for Automatically printing receipts is turned off. So I'm not sure why the sysetm keeps printing receipts for each transaction instead of prompting.

Message 3 of 8
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for the help with this one! 

@ChampaignPublic - You're 100% correct, the receipt shouldn't be auto-printing (unless you want it to). Are you using kitchen receipts? Have you tried signing out, and then back in? Have you tried deleting, and then reinstalling the app? Let me know!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 4 of 8

Along these lines... we are unable to print any receipts, including end of day sales, reprints, etc... it's as if the printer is not there... the option to print anything doesnt come up.. any thoughts? tia

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

Hi @VeeVee

Sounds like you might need to re-establish your printer station (Settings > Hardware > Printers)

Let me know if your POS device is still not recognizing the printer. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

On the OPPOSITE side, I would like to turn off the option for asking customer what kind of receipt they want (I have to tell almost every single one to respond to it) and just print the receipt automatically. I have it on this setting, and it does, but it is still asking customer what kind they want

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Inannas1 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed disabling the receipt screen for customers.

You can also find the instructions for skipping the receipt screen in this Support Article.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8