x

Magstripe reader is not working on Lenovo Tab 10

Magstripe reader is not working on Lenovo Tab 10

I have tried all troubleshooting tips but no luck. I can make transactions by entering card number and my magstripe reader is working on my another device. Has anybody used this reader with Lenovo Tab? 

@username2 what is the main reason that reader is not compatible with devices? When I plug in earphones everything seems working, I can hear and record. I even recorded my sound using magstripe reader and it functions just as good as a mic. Apart from generic troubleshooting, what would you suggest me to make magstripe reader work on my device? I don't want to throw my tablet away

Thanks,

0 Likes
16 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mdemirst

Sorry to hear your tablet isn't working with the Square reader. 

Unfortunately, if that tablet doesn't communicate properly with the Point of Sale app or the magnetic stripe reader, there's not much you can do on your end to get it working. 

Some Android devices, even though they meet the minimum criteria to be supported, simply don't communicate well with the reader or the Point of Sale app properly. 

If you end up looking for a new tablet to use, you can reference our list of Supported Devices

I am having the same issue with the Lenovo Tab 10. I am sorry but your reply to the question appears to be a non answer answer. Please dig a little deeper, this tablet meets the requirements stated by Square. You might have a little more pull with Lenovo in researching the answer. It is a great tablet.

Hello @BigDaddyLee, currently the Lenovo Tab 10 isn't on our Supported Devices list. Because of this, we cannot guarantee your tablet will be compatible with our readers. We typically test devices right when they come out, so it's unlikely that this device will be added in the future since it came out earlier this year. 

If anything changes @EJ_ and I will make sure to update this thread.

Unfortunately, I couldn't get it running on that tablet and I bought another brand. It is working well now. 

I just bought a Lenovo 10. Specifically for square .wtf .  This is infuriating . 

Alumni

Hey @ckorczak - Really sorry for the frustration you're experiencing. We recommend checking the Supported Devices list that EJ and Chad mentioned to make sure that any future device you purchase is compatible with our products.

i obsessively watched the support requirements - android 4.4 and up, and the other specs. Will the bluetooth scanner work with it?

Alumni

Since not all Android devices run the same way, there may be some devices that don't run our software or work with our hardware properly. This is why we test as many devices as we can and compile those that work into our compatibility list.

Unfortunately, Bluetooth scanners are not supported by the Android version of our app at this time. 😕

how does the wireless technology work for teh android?

I am in the same situation. I purchased a Lenovo tab 4 10 plus ($300) specifically to use with Square. I purchased a suitable stand ($100) and a printer ($400) and router ($200) so that I could use these all together. And what do you know.... Square reader won't work with this tablet even though it's a very up to date device. The app runs great but reader won't work. Come on guys bluetooth is a convention that should work regardless of device. This device is NOT listed on the list of devices with known issues even though this thread shows many people having issues with it. Square has the ability to push out firmware and software updates to solve these issues so why aren't they fixing issues as they appear. This is not good enough. Should have stuck with PayPal here.