x

Do you guys recommend switching from chase to Square? Are you guys happy with square?

Do you guys recommend switching from chase to Square? Are you guys happy with square? Thank you for info

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

I'm extremely satisfied with what square has to offer for my business.  I have one location and it works for me.  It does what a POS does without extra fees in setting up POS, they give you free card reader if you chose not to buy their system ( I bought their register, ipad stand and printer).  I find it easy to use but some square users need to talk to a live person which is not readily available to you.  It works for me as I rarely need customer service.  Have not had any delays on my sales credits.  Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 7

Thank you for your feedback 

Message 3 of 7

@@Paul33 you're welcome.  

Message 4 of 7

Trying to decide between register or stand for my new yarn shop. Also do you know if you can use cellular with the iPad if wifi is sketchy

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Hi gracepri,

If your iPad only has WiFi and you have a smart phone - you can enable the Personal Hotspot option on your phone, then connect your iPad - it works quite well.  Note, when using this method, your phone is now using your cellular data so depending on what phone plan you have, it may or may not affect your phone bill.  We have an unlimited data plan so for us it's not something we need to consider.  Sometimes we loose our internet connection in our shop (it happens) - so as a backup, we use one of our iPhones, enable the Personal Hotspot option and bingo, we're connected to the internet again.  You always need a plan B.

As for the register or stand question - either works.  Square has several options so that's kind of up to you.  As we are a very small shop what works for us is an iPad and the Square App (free plan w/Retail POS ), a Stand, Card Reader and Star Receipt Printer - easy to setup.

JK

Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Hey Paul33,

Been using Square for some time now - really have been quite happy with this service - as a very small business, only paying for what you need is great.   In the past we worked with a bank and had to pay a monthly fee in addition to the individual transaction processing fees.

JK

Message 7 of 7