x

iPad Mini 4 in Square Stand

Will an iPad Mini actually work in the standard Square stand? I get that the iPad Mini doesn't fit neatly in the stand (I'll worry about this), but when it's connected to the lightning jack in the stand will it still recognize the mag stripe reader and USB printer? Or will the PoS software on the Mini absolutely refuse to recognize the stand?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

For the record, a mini in the Stand works just fine. I used some pieces of wood moulding to hold it in place, still need to laser cut a proper insert out of wood or MDF to make it look better.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

that's an interesting question if it would recognize it if you built an insert to go around the mini and fill the iPad space to hold it.  I don't know but I would lean towards no it won't recognize the stand.  My stands are all put away for the year but all I can say is you could try it and see by holding it in there, I'm not even sure if the lightning ports would line up exactly due to the depth of the mini vs the iPad 9.7" being different.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @bwann and @VanKalkerFarms, thanks for bringing this up. I can't officially recommend doing this, but it looks like another seller tried this out: Nevertheless, they persisted. 🙃

Keep an eye on our Device Compatibility page for the latest on supported devices.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 5

Aha, that's a start.  I already have three iPad Minis that I use with Square, it is ridiculous to have to get a full sized one to work in the stand. I'm still a trip away from actually trying it out, if it doesn't work we're not any worse off than we already are. It seems like an official adapter wouldn't be that difficult to produce, but who knows if it's worth it.

Message 4 of 5

Best Answer

For the record, a mini in the Stand works just fine. I used some pieces of wood moulding to hold it in place, still need to laser cut a proper insert out of wood or MDF to make it look better.

Message 5 of 5