x

Choose available date, THEN service

I am developing a site for a client and she would like the customer to choose an available date from a monthly calendar view and then be directed to choose the service. Is it possible to use Square Appointments in this way? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @acewood - Currently, a service must be chosen before a date and there isn't a way to change it. I've personally seen other booking sites require service first before date as well so I'm not sure of any other providers who allow this. Do you mind providing some details on why your client would want it the other way around?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 5

My client runs a diy art studio and she has specific dates that she is available to host workshops. She wants to leave it up to the client which craft they would like to do. So she wants the calendar to be visible first so they know right away if the day they are interested in is open without having to click through all of the workshop options one by one. 

Message 3 of 5

An example website would be https://www.arworkshop.com/tulsa/#schedule

However, we don't want to add specific workshops to the dates on the calendar, just have the calendar view with availbale dates in one color and non available dates gray. 

But this is pretty close to the look/ function we are going for. The thing I like about Square is the text notifications and sycning with google calendar. 

Message 4 of 5
Alumni

Gotcha. Thanks for sending that link over!

The different Calendar integrations through the Weebly online store sound like they might be a better fit for what your client is looking for. Since Weebly is a part of Square, the payments would still connect directly to your existing Square account. If you have any questions about how the integrations or the online store itself works, their Support team would be more equipped to assist you further as they have more information than I do here.

Hope that helps point you in the right direction!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 5 of 5