x

Mystery Charge

Hello, my name is Zoe and I just started using Square this past Saturday to take payments at an outdoor art show. The first customer I had purchased a $35 art print. When I went to input the amount, I accidentally hit a button and 9.66 came up on the screen. I cleared that amount and input 35.00. I scanned his card and he signed for it. I told him to keep an eye on his bank account because it was my first transaction and I wanted to make sure it went through correctly. Today, I got an email from him saying that he saw a $9.66 charge in his bank account. I do not see that amount under my transactions, and the amount which was deposited by Square into my bank account for the weekend does not include the $9.66. I want to refund the customer if he was wrongly charged, but I want to figure out this issue first so it does not happen again.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

it might be best to call in to get help since we can't see your account here. 

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click "Other"

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Call Support"

Write down your Customer Code

Call 1 (855) 700-6000

from the way it sounds you are saying the customer is seeing 2 separate charges on their credit card?  or is it one with the total of $35+9.66?  the way you described the transaction there was no way for you to have charged the customer twice without having swiped his card twice.  you could have still had the 9.66 item in your transaction and then added a $35 item and then had a single charge when you swiped his card once.

Message 2 of 2