x

SKU in Item Sales report doesn't match item name

I've noticed in running Item Sales reports that the item name doesn't match the SKU in the report. I'm even seeing the same SKU associated incorrectly with different item names!

Capto_Capture 2017-10-08_09-56-20_AM.png

The SKUs are configured properly for the item variants in the Item settings:

Capto_Capture 2017-10-08_09-58-48_AM.png

Capto_Capture 2017-10-08_10-00-09_AM.png

This makes the reports useless. I can't tell what items are actually selling. Am I missing something obvious here, or is this a legitimate bug?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I would export the csv File and make sure the sku's match up the correct way.  I am going to guess that the csv file is correct the the data is just being displayed incorrectly.  Either way I would let support know.

Keep us updated.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I would export the csv File and make sure the sku's match up the correct way.  I am going to guess that the csv file is correct the the data is just being displayed incorrectly.  Either way I would let support know.

Keep us updated.

Message 2 of 6

Good call, and an interesting result! The summary CSV is incorrect in the same way as the displayed report. The detail CSV, however, is correct. This is good news — it's the CSV file I'm interested in anyway, and I can use the detail file instead of the summary with my script, so I'm not blocked now. Thanks!

Message 3 of 6

I have seen the same issue.  When i run my Summary CSV of Items Sold, the Sku is changing to something random.  When i look at the item itself, the SKU is correct.  However, when running the Detail CSV, the SKU is showing correct, but obviously a different format. 

Any idea why the SKU in the Summary CSV is changing?

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Support team is working on resolving the issue.  

Message 5 of 6
Beta Member

I'm having the same issue. Has this been resolved? How can I fix this?

Message 6 of 6