x

My Dashboard won't load

I cannot get square to open on my Mac. Never had this problem before and I use it on a daily basis.  It is not my internet because everything else is working fine. It lets me sign in but then takes forever to get to the dashboard window. And when it finally does get there it just continuously says loading...loading...etc. I have exited out, cleared it off all windows hoping it would reset or something, tried calling customer service but close at 6 p.m...nothing has worked. I really need to get on and see my numbers-as I'm sure all of you small business owners know the importance of this. Any ideas or help would be GREAT!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!

Message 1 of 46
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@CPS1 So we can determine if problem is with your browser it would be great if you could go through these troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure your browser is up to date. 
  2. Clear the cache on your browser. 
  3. Switch to Google Chrome. (Internet Explorer is not supported.)
  4. Enable cookies on your browser.

If you still can't get beyond the spinning page please call our CS team. Let them know you've completed these troubleshooting steps and also let them know the name and version of the browser you're using. (Not sure what browser you're using? Visit https://www.whatsmybrowser.org. Our CS team can also help you with this!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Alumni

Hey there @capwoods - welcome to the 👥 community. 

I'm so sorry that you've experienced trouble with the Dashboard. It is definitely not the type of experience we want you to have.

The only times I have heard of this type of issue is when the computer and/or web browser were not up to date. Personally, I recommend using Google Chrome as your browser when accessing your Dashboard. 

Please let me know if these tips help. 👍

Message 2 of 46

I am experiencing the same today.  Contacted Square and did all recommended steps, all other browser info is up to date...HELP!

Message 3 of 46

Same here, my dashboard doesn't load.

Message 4 of 46
Alumni

Hi @CatsMeow & @KH64 - What type of browser are you using? This might help us narrow down what's going on for you. 

Message 5 of 46

Ipad Safari and Chrome...ironically, loads fine on Windows 10 (new computer)

Message 6 of 46

I thought I sent a reply but don't see it. I use Safari.

Message 7 of 46

Been using it for a long time.

Message 8 of 46
Admin

Thanks @CatsMeow @KH64

If you haven't already please make sure you're using the latest version of Safari, and clear your browsing history on Safari too (also known as clearing the cache). If this doesn't do the trick can you try switching to Chrome?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 46

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Trying to set up new account and loading circle keeps spinning as I navigate the dashboard.

Is it a problem on my end?  If I can't navigate the dashboard during set up phase, then what problems should I expect when I go live?  

Message 10 of 46
Admin

Best Answer

@CPS1 So we can determine if problem is with your browser it would be great if you could go through these troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure your browser is up to date. 
  2. Clear the cache on your browser. 
  3. Switch to Google Chrome. (Internet Explorer is not supported.)
  4. Enable cookies on your browser.

If you still can't get beyond the spinning page please call our CS team. Let them know you've completed these troubleshooting steps and also let them know the name and version of the browser you're using. (Not sure what browser you're using? Visit https://www.whatsmybrowser.org. Our CS team can also help you with this!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 46

This reply was created from merging an existing thread

Trying to login to dashboard and haven't been able to in a couple weeks

Message 12 of 46
Admin

@Julia2 I'm sorry for the frustration this has caused!

Take a look at the Dashboard troubleshooting steps in this thread, these typically resolve most issues with Dashboard not loading or seeing blank screen after you sign in.

If you're experiencing a different issue can you reply here to let us know exactly what happens when you try to sign in, and the browser you're using? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 13 of 46

I’ve tried all the trouble shooting and mine won’t load. This is so frustrating. 

Message 14 of 46
Alumni

Hi @MelTx - What type of browser are you using? We recommend using Google Chrome and making sure it's the most up to date version! 

Message 15 of 46

Anyone else ahving this problem today? I use Google Chrom..never had this problem.  Creating invoices on my phone is a real pain...Hoping this is just temporary.

Message 16 of 46
Alumni

Hi @TREX - Are you on the latest version of Chrome? Also, you might try clearing your cache!

Message 17 of 46

What is cache and how do i clean it

Message 18 of 46
Admin

@jim1990wendy When you browse the internet, information about the sites you've visited are saved in your cache. Clearing your cache helps if you're having trouble loading a website, like the Square Dashbaord. So when ask you to clear the cache, we mean please clear your recent web browsing history.

The steps to do this differ depending on the browser you're using (to check your browser visit whatbrowser.org). 

Here are the steps to clear the cache from some common browsers:

Most browsers have a Help section too where you can search for the steps to 'clear cache' or 'clear history'.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 19 of 46

My dashboard will not load. I just keep getting the spooling circle.

Message 20 of 46
Admin

@Judy3 The Dashboard troubleshooting steps here should help fix this so you can sign in to your Dashboard. 👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 21 of 46