x

Can I link my Appointments calendar to iCal or book on specific days?

Can I link my Appointments calendar to iCal or book on specific days?

Hi, I'm new to appointments and was wondering if it can also link with ICal?  I prefer that over google calendar.  Also, is there a way to set up scheduling for specific dates only?

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Appointments

@KBarnes66 - Welcome to the Seller Community, and to Square Appointments. We're excited to have you on board! 

To get going, would you mind sharing what email client you use with your iCal? Are you using an iCloud email account? We currently only have a direct link with Gmail calendars. Having said that, Apple's iCal app supports gmail accounts. If you sync a gmail account through the Square Dashboard and through iCal - it would work! 

For your second question, Square Appointments is designed with the intention of having a general calendar be avilable. Having said that, you could use the override hours feature to open available outside your schedule for indivdual staff members. If you check out Tom's Product Update thread, you'll find more details about how to set this up. 

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Verified Answer

Re: Sync external calendars with Appointments calendar on Square

Hey there! Appointments Google Calendar Sync does enable you to import your Google Calendar events in such a way that they block off the time in your Appointments calendar.

What this means is that if you have an event from 12-1 on your imported Google Calendar, and that event is set to "Show me as Busy", your customers will not be able to book an appointment from 12-1 using your online booking site. There is currently no way to disable booking over blocked off time from the merchant-facing Calendar page.

75 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi @VetteBro

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this and I want you to know we absolutely hear you on this. I've moved your post over to this existing thread that our Appointments team is keeping an eye on. 

We're actually working to support more calendars, but I don't have an exact ETA on when this will be available. 

Hopefully we can get something prioritized to help with this in the near future. Keep an eye out for updates! 

Beta Member

Why does Square not sync with ICal when every other part of Square is done and works best with Apple products? This I don't understand and it's very inconvenient for me NOT to be able to sync to my ICal. Please fix this asap. Thank you!

I will take my business elsewhere then... 

I really hope it happens soon. Apple is such a widely used product, I got my square and taught how to use it by an Apple employee. Thanks Love the Square! Erica

Am I correct that this thread is over two years old? It’s hard to believe that it’s us viewed as a priority if this is the case.

Hey @Lashlassyyc,

Welcome to the Seller Community and thanks for checking on this request. Currently we are still in the stage of collecting feedback for this feature. We don't have any other updates unfortunately. 

Hi Chad, I had originally inquired about this feature a year ago. I actually found a work-around, that you may want to add to your support information:

I synced my gmail calendar with my iCal, and then synced my Square appointments to my Gmail. Works perfectly! 

So yes, there IS a way to see your appointments on an iCal!! 

Best, 

Dr. Jones

I synced my gmail calendar with my iCal, and then synced my Square appointments to my Gmail. Works perfectly! 

So yes, there IS a way to see your appointments on an iCal!! 

Can the Square calendar be sync to my iPhone calendar instead of a Google calendar?

Alumni

Hey @Pturner_21 - While we don't have a way to sync your Appointments calendar directly with your iPhone calendar, I've merged your post with @SDIH's workaround above which may be a possible solution for you.